Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wedding pictures! Finally!!

We were up on the altar facing the congregation and the preacher had his back to the congregation. After all, they came to see us, not him, right?
This was taken right before I set myself on fire!
You may now kiss the bride!
I love him so much and was so happy that I was his wife that I could not stop smiling!
Tom's football groom's cake. Check out the ugly Sprite bottle! We toasted with Sprite. My mom wanted to get sparkling white grape juice that was in a bottle that looked like a champagne bottle and looked like champagne when poured. I didn't want that. I put that ugly Sprite bottle in the ice bucket and put it on the table. I wanted it known that there was no alcohol at our wedding.
My parents are beside me and Tom's parents are beside him. Tom looked angry in this picture because he was. Our photographer was annoying that night. He was too busy socializing with everyone to actually take pictures. He was a friend of the family and not a professional and he gave us the pictures as a wedding gift so we couldn't get too angry but it was still frustrating to get ready to take the picture and have to hunt down the photographer.
Here is my family. From left to right is my wooly booger brother. I was NOT happy that he didn't shave that crap for my wedding. Next to him was his mother. Then my nephew, Randy, who was like a brother to me growing up because he is just a year older than me. Then me of course. Then my daddy, who I miss soooo much! Then on the end is my niece, who is more like my sister, and she was my maid of honor. She is just a year younger than me.
Tom's dad, mom, Tom of course, and his little brother, Jesse. Jesse is all grown up with a beautiful wife and beautiful daughter of his own!
Here we are leaving for the honeymooooooon!

Remember, you can click on any picture to enlarge it! Some pictures look distorted when you make them larger. That's because even though the glass on the scanner was perfectly clean, there was still stuff that looked like dust/speckles on the pictures. When I despeckled the pictures, it distorted them. But you get the gist!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 20th Anniversary. I can't believe Tom allowed you to post up the pictures. We have been getting a kick out of seeing a young clean cut Tom.

Nette said...

Thanks Scott! He would still look like this if I wouldn't have pushed him. After we were married just a year, some woman asked me if I was his mother. You can imagine my reaction to that! That's when I decided he needed a more grown up look. So I made him ditch the part in his hair and grow facial hair.

Anonymous said...

One detail seems to be missing - what was the wedding song?

Nette said...

We had "Holy Spirit Thou Art Welcome" when the bridal party was walking in. Then "Wither thou goest I will go" and to light the unity candle was "Jesus in your eyes."

earlcapps said...

Poor guy looks shell-shocked. If I didn't know better, I'd want to know where the shotgun was at ;)