Thursday, October 01, 2009

Tom's wreck

Today, Tom was T-boned by an old man coming out of a gas station in Orangeburg as he was coming back to Columbia for a dentist appointment. The impact spun him around and turned him to face the other direction. Thankfully, he is ok but he is not happy that his beloved car is smashed. He just kept saying "I can't believe my car is smashed! It will never be the same again."

I did have to laugh at him because I went to Orangeburg to pick him up and he drove my van home. When we pulled into the garage, he pulled the key out and said, "I'm back to using a key! It's like stepping back into the stone age!" He is funny!





3 comments:

Warped Mind said...

I'm glad Tom is alright. The car doesn't seem to have any structural damage that I can see in the picture so hopefully once repaired it will not behave like a wrecked car in limbo mode. That is a nice car. I've been saying for a long time that anyone over the age of 65 needs to pass a driving test yearly to maintain a driver's license. I had an old lady last week pull out in front of three lanes coming out of a gas station, and luckily I and the other lanes were able to stop quickly or she would have t-boned one of us. I had my son Zachary with me so I had to bite my tongue from using some choice four letter words.

Warped Mind said...

BTW, Warpedmind24x7 is my Google account for me, Scott.

Nette said...

Tom thinks that ripple on the top of the back door is a bad sign. It won't be a total catastrophe if it is totaled because he would love to go back and get a Genesis with the premium package....burgundy with black interior! hehehe

I know what you mean about old people. They scare me on the roads. I had one coming down the one-way on 321 by the El Cheapo gas station. It is 45mph right there. She could have killed someone heading head on at us.

I knew it was you cuz I follow all of yall on Twitter and that's your name on Twitter. I don't update near as much as you guys. But mine is mrstalltomm.