Monday, April 24, 2006

I almost forgot!!!

I nearly caused an international incident when we went to Fort Polk! Fort Polk is a Joint Readiness Training Facility. They do things differently than Fort Jackson and Fort Gordon. I didn't know that. When we got to the gates, we had to stop in and get registered at the Visitor's Center. While everyone else was walking into the Visitor's Center, I stopped and took a picture of the Visitor's Center (which was VERY nice) and the "Fort Polk" cement brick sign right by the checkpoint gate. (This is the sign I took the picture of. Now I couldn't take it with my camera but I found this one on the internet.....on the Fort Polk website. Go figure!)

We then went into the Visitor's Center where they looked at our ID's and did a quick background check....we even had to give our Social Security numbers. While they were registering us and our vehicles, the MP took Brittanie and William in the back and showed them some cool high tech stuff and how to do background checks and talked to them about the Army because they both said they were in JROTC and planned on joining the Army one day. They were very nice. We all checked out ok and got back in the van and were following my sister, Jeannette, as she was going to lead us around the Post and Aimee was in our van with us and was going to tell us what stuff was. Well we got to the gate and the security officer at the gate asked me if I was told in the Visitor's Center that we weren't allowed to take pictures. Well we weren't. She told me I had to delete the pictures. Then we were told to pull off to the side and they wrote up an incident report on me taking pictures of the visitor's center and the sign! Once the report was written up, I had to go through the pictures in my digital camera and show him that there were no pictures of Fort Polk on my camera. That was tedious because I had take 75+ pictures already on that camera. It was kinda silly because they didn't check the 4 camera phones that was in the car with us. But we understood since 9/11, they have to be very careful. I was just really bummed about the no pictures rule because Fort Polk is beautiful and it is where my biological mom met my biological dad and where I was conceived. I was going to take pictures of my biological mom's office and everything. But at least we were allowed to take pictures at Alligator Lake, which was outside of the gates. So I still got pictures of me and my sisters. So that was cool.

Anyway, that was my international incident. Tom says he can't take me anywhere. I just cause trouble whereever I go. hehehe

No comments: