Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm home....finally!

It was quite a vacation let me tell ya! We left on April 8th. It was a smooth trip. We stopped and let Brittanie and William take pictures on the Louisiana sign. Sunday we had a big crawfish boil to celebrate Easter a week early because we were going home the day before Easter. That was alot of fun. I ended up eating left over crawfish all week. It was GREAT!!!!!

Monday, Tom took Brittanie and William to Baton Rouge to see the sights. (I haven't edited those pictures yet but I will.) Well while they were out and about, the engine light on the van came home and it was bucking a little.

Tuesday, the van was fine and we headed to Rosepine to see my sisters for the first time in 15 years. We had a GREAT time. We went out to eat then to Fort Polk, which is where our mom worked most of her life. After touring Fort Polk, we went to Alligator Lake which is right outside the gates of Fort Polk. It was beautiful. Katie loved playing on the playground equipment. Actually so did Tom. I got a picture of him coming off the slide but he jumped off the swings
before I could take a picture of him! On the way home, we went through the campus of Louisiana College, which is where I went before going to PCC. It hasn't changed much.

Wednesday, Tom took Brittanie and William to Avery Island to tour the Tabasco Plant. I edited a couple of pictures from that trip but not all. I will upload them when I get them edited.


Thursday, Tom was going to take Brittanie and William to New Orleans but the van started acting up again...pretty bad. So he took it to Sterling in Opelousas, which is the Chrysler dealer there. Meanwhile, I was getting my hair done by my cousin's wife, Tara. It came out GREAT! I LOVE it. I don't have any pictures of it but when I take one, I'll post it. Anyway, Sterling told us the cam sensor was bad on the van and needed replacing and the van would be ready Friday.
Friday, I picked up the van and took Brittanie, William, Katie, and my nephew's daughter,
Amber, to Acadiana Mall in Lafayette for the grand opening of Build-A-Bear. When we got into the mall parking lot, the engine light came back on the van bucked once. Because this was Good Friday, the dealer was closed and wouldn't be open until Monday. Friday night, we went to my nephew's house for fried shrimp and Brittanie, William, and Katie rode the 4-wheeler. They had alot of fun.

Saturday, Tom rented a car from the airport in Baton Rouge and headed home with Brittanie and William and I stayed to put the van in the shop again. We were scared to take it home like that.


Monday, I called and they told me to bring the van in Tuesday. So Tuesday, I took it in to Sterling and they told me it was still telling them that the cam sensor was bad so they are going to replace the harness and cam sensor computer but they won't get the parts until Thursday. Well only the computer came in Thursday. The harness didn't come in until Friday and the mechanic stayed late to finish it up. I went to pick the van up Saturday morning, which is when I wanted to leave, and when I left the dealer with it, the engine light was off but the speedometer and cruise control wasn't working. The gas gauge was also showing more gas than I left it with. I had to take it back there and they finally got it fixed. They said the speed sensor had gone out. *sigh* I got on the road at 1:50pm central time and got home at 2:20am eastern time. It was GREAT to be home. I missed Tom and Brittanie sooooooooooo much.

The Wednesday before we left Louisiana, Brittanie FINALLY got rid of Justin for good. She started talking to a guy named Randy from here in Gaston. He would call her on her cell phone while she was in Louisiana. Well two days before coming home, he asked her to be his girlfriend. When she got home from Louisiana, he was waiting in our driveway with three pink roses to welcome her home.

He seems like a nice guy. Tom was able to get to know him first because I was stuck in Louisiana an extra week. Anyway, he'll be 17 in July and is a Junior at Swansea High School. His parents aren't psycho. They are still happily married to each other and are pretty conservative. Randy has a 10pm curfew. He drives a 66 Galaxie 500. He is a Platoon Sgt. in JROTC. He is also on the drill team and will be joining the rifle team next year. He plans to go to college to be a photographer. He is very respectful. Tom likes him and that's something for Tom because he rarely likes anybody. I'm just thrilled to be rid of Justin. He created so much drama in the 5 1/2 months he was around than I have had in all my 36 years of being alive!

Anyway, instead of loading this thing up with pictures from the trip, I uploaded them and put them in a flash player. Here is the link where they are uploaded: Click here

And here is the flash player.



No comments: