Sunday, May 10, 2009

It is FINALLY finished!!

Katie made this plate for me for Mother's Day, as well as a book of drawings. Tom and our girls are so wonderful, they make everyday Mother's Day!Saturday, Tom's dad helped Tom rip out the old counter tops and install the new counter tops. Try as I might, I was unable to convince Tom not to cut the hole for the stove. I was perfectly willing to make the sacrifice of never cooking again. But he wouldn't let me make that sacrifice. hehehe For now, it is done! Later on we will be changing the sink, faucet, and light fixtures. But I think Tom needs to relax and not think about that kitchen for awhile. He worked ALL day today cutting the hole for the stove, installing the stove, painting the line all around the kichen because the new backsplash on the countertops is lower than the old one, plus touch up painting the white speckles left by the guy who painted our cabinets. He had to go to Wal-Mart and then Lowe's and get a little more cranberry paint. Once he finished all of that, he cleaned up the big mess, went to the store, and he looks totally exhausted. But he did a GREAT job on our kitchen. I'm so proud of him! So here are the pictures!
Coming into the kitchen from the living room.I think the pictures are too high on the wall but I was outruled by Tom and Brittanie.
With the exception of the pulls on the cabinet doors, which Jessica did, Tom did EVERYTHING in this kitchen.
I need to put more stuff on this wall.Oven and microwave with my pot holder and oven mitt handy!Our Gamecock Utility Room.
Yes I know my trash can is huge but there are 5 people in this house. We make ALOT of trash. We don't want to have to deal with the trash 40 times a day with the smaller kitchen cans.
Gamecock clock and Gamecock welcome mat!

6 comments:

Ken said...

We agree, pictures are too high.

Nette said...

Thank you!! A couple of my friends on facebook told me they weren't too high. I was always taught that you should be able to walk up to the highest picture and be face to face with it. Well that's fine for Tom...he's 6ft 2in tall but for the rest of us, I thought it needed to come down.

Anonymous said...

I really like it! I know its supposed to be about gamecock theme etc. But I think it reminds me of a coca cola theme as well! I LOVE it! Talk to ya later sis!

Aimee

Nette said...

Actually, only the utility room is Gamecock. The kitchen is in a coffee house/cafe theme. I LOVE Coca-Cola stuff but the Coca-Cola red is ALOT redder than mine. The pictures make the walls look redder than they actually are. The paint is called Cranberry. It looks burgundy/maroon in person. I would hate bright red walls.

earlcapps said...

Pretty cool place. Great work!

Nette said...

Thanks Earl! Now I wish I had taken "before" pictures. Our friends who come over often for Pictionary saw the pictures and were stunned. They said it didn't even look like the same kitchen. We are really enjoying it.