Monday, July 20, 2009

Catchin up...again

I absolutely loved having my sisters here. I miss them so much now that they have gone back home.

The day after we went to Savannah, Jeannette, Jessica, and I went to Greenville and ate at Joe's Crab Shack.
It was fun but just a tip....don't order the Orleans. That is NOT what crawfish is supposed to taste like. It was awful. I ate mine anyway with ketchup and Tabasco because I haven't had any crawfish in over 2 years and who knows when I will have some again. But Jeannette lives down there and knows she can have good crawfish anytime so she didn't eat hers. I also am not at all a fan of seasoning sprinkled on the outside of the shell. All that does is burn your lips and makes it impossible to taste the flavor of the seafood you are eating. But the shrimp were really good. I just peeled all of my shrimp, then wet napped my hands and ate them with a fork to avoid burning my lips off with that cayenne pepper. The service was great. I enjoyed watching them dance every 15 minutes to the music and the disco lights. That was really neat. We stopped in the gift shop on the way out and Jeannette bought Brittanie a T-shirt that said "Joe's Crab Shack." I bought Brittanie a black shirt that had HUGE letters that spelled out "CRABBY" and little letters under it that said "Joe's Crab Shack." I wanted to buy Katie a shirt but the only kid's shirt they had displayed a peace sign on it. I have my own personal beliefs about the peace sign and thus I skipped the shirt and bought her a beach towel since she is swimming so much this summer.
For dessert, Katie got a crab shaped Rice Krispie treat and caramel, chocolate, and strawberry sauce on a palate with a paint brush for her to paint it. She loved it!!
The next day, we went to northeast Columbia and took pictures at Portrait Innovations. The pictures came out great. I am going to take Brittanie and Katie there for Christmas pictures. The whole thing took an hour and a half and we left with the pictures in hand. It was great!! Here is the picture of my sisters. Nope not putting my picture on here. Sorry!

Thursday night, we met up with Frank, Lynn, their daughter, Rhiannon, and my friend, Jenn, at Catch 22 in Irmo to eat and watch Jenn's husband, Red, sing.
We had a great time. Between Red and Jessica, we were laughing all night long. Here is a video of Red doing Elvis and Willie Nelson at the same time. It was pretty funny!!


Jeannette and Jessica were feeling REAALLLLYYYY good by the end of the night. I don't know who did it (my guess is Jessica since she was sitting behind me) but one of those nut balls braided my hair while I was driving home.
I was sad to see them leave Friday morning but I know they had to get back to work and we had to get back into our normal routine. It was way too quiet after they left. We had had someone visiting in the house everyday since June 9th. When the last two left on July 10th, it was kinda lonely. But you can't stay on vacation forever!

The day before my sisters went home, the washer finally died and the dryer was starting to need two cycles to dry our clothes. So Tom ordered a new front loading washer/dryer set from Sears. It came this past Saturday. Unfortunately, the dryer has two dents in the side so they are going to have to replace it. In the meantime, the fluorescent light fixture in our kitchen went out. I was thrilled. I have been wanting to replace it since we redid the kitchen but Tom was putting it off. Saturday he went to Lowe's and bought a new vent hose for the new dryer and new track lighting for the kitchen. I LOVE IT!! Now I'm looking forward to getting rid of the ceiling fan in the kitchen and replacing it with hanging track lighting over the table.

We are down to just a month until Brittanie and Katie go back to school. Katie is going to miss jumping in the pool everyday.
I have no idea why she ALWAYS has her mouth open. She's a nut!!
She tans so easily (even with SPF 60 on her). She has very white tan lines. It is amazing how fast she tanned and never burned! I know Brittanie is going to miss all the free time. Won't be long before she is going to be glued to her Chemistry book!! In the meantime, she is just enjoying her puppy, Jasper, that Randy gave her. We love Jasper....even though Tom would never admit that he likes Jasper. Tom has never liked small dogs...only big muscular dogs like Rotties. But Jasper is so adorable, it is hard not to like him. Jasper loves Katie's knee pads and elbow pads that she wears to rollerblade. Here is a video of Jasper and Katie playing with them.


The biggest news is that my wonderful godson, Jonathan, is back in Iraq. This is his 3rd tour. It was soooooo hard to say goodbye to him when he left on June 29th. I wanted to freeze his face in my memory. Actually what I really wanted to do is lock him upstairs forever so he couldn't go. But he is a true soldier. He would never go AWOL....no matter how much I beg. So all I can do now is pray and ask everyone to pray that he, and all other deployed soldiers, come home safe and sound. The one silver lining is that his time in Germany is up in December so as soon as possible after he gets back from Iraq, he comes back to the states! *HAPPY DANCE* I'm very excited!!
Even though he hates being called a hero, he will always be a hero in my eyes!!

No comments: