Tuesday, July 07, 2009

This n that

As you can probably tell by my lack of posts, I have been really busy in the last month. Jonathan flew in June 9th for block leave and left June 29th. I LOVED having him here. I have missed him so much. It was so hard saying goodbye because he is deploying for his 3rd tour in Iraq in just a couple of weeks. I'm never more close to God than when Jonathan is in Iraq. I pray for him numerous times a day when he is there. I can't wait till his tour is done and he is back home. If he never saw combat again, I would be the happiest person alive! On June 28th, my little sisters came for a visit. I am really enjoying their visit. I don't get to see them nearly enough.

That's Paula's husband behind the buffet bar!
Yesterday, we went to Savannah, GA. I have never been there before. We got there at 10:30am and went straight to Paula Deen's restaurant, Lady and Sons, to put our name on the list for a table. If we had gotten there any later, we wouldn't have been able to eat there. We got the last time slot of 2:30. I have only watched bits and pieces of her show and am not a fan of country cooking but my sister, Aimee, was real excited to go because she is a huge fan of Paula Deen. We had 4 hours to kill so we rode around Savannah soaking in the atmosphere. Savannah is like a combination of Charleston and Aiken....both beautiful places. Jeannette dropped us all off and Jessica went to get the card to get into the dining room but since Aimee was in a wheelchair and I was pushing her, they let us in without the card to wait in the waiting room. While sitting in the waiting room, Paula Deen came out of the kitchen and walked just a foot away from us and said "Hey yall!" to everyone in the room, then went to her cut out and said "I like this picture! Don't yall like this picture?" Call us dorks but Aimee and I got VERY excited! Well Jessica came in and got us to go to our table with Jeannette soon to follow as soon as she got a parking place. While we were sitting at our table soaking in the atmosphere, Jessica spotted Paula's husband at the buffet. She grabbed her camera and asked him if she could have her picture taken with him. He was very nice and said yes. Jessica must have gone around there 100 times and even saw one of the sons! It was so cool. Aimee got fried shrimp. Jessica and Jeannette got the buffet. The buffet was just country crap so I didn't want any of that. So I ordered a crabcake burger. I love crabcake and have had it at many different places. I have to say this was by far the best crabcake I have ever eaten and it was HUGE! I couldn't stop going "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" while I was eating it! For dessert, we had a little bowl of chocolate chip ooey gooey cake. That was awesome too! Paula looked like she had been cooking all morning in that hot kitchen.
We had such a wonderful time in Savannah. Jessica kept us laughing and on the way home, she was bouncing off the walls hyper in the van and was taking pictures of everything. There is never a dull moment with Jessica! Ya gotta love her!!

Jess and my lil sister, Aimee (above)
Jess and my little sister/our chauffeur, Jeannette.
Fort Jackson
I hate suspension bridges. This is the suspension bridge over the Savannah River. It looked like a big scary bird to me!

No comments: