Thursday, July 30, 2009

Date night!!

Tom and I don't get nearly enough alone time. Brittanie and Katie fight so much that we don't like to have Brittanie babysit much. Randy had the day off yesterday and I knew he would be with Brittanie if she babysat Katie. Randy is MUCH more patient than Brittanie is. So date night was set! Tom and I went to The Crab Shack in Lexington and it was delicious....as always. He offered to take me to a movie that I have been wanting to see (The Ugly Truth) but Tom is not really a movie person and this was a chick flick...which definitely wasn't his thing. So I told him I would rather just ride around and talk. I am so glad we did that. It was so nice to be able to talk in peace. We love Katie but she is so hyper that she drains your energy and when Tom gets home, she is so excited that she is stuck to him like glue. It was nice to have him all to myself. We ended up driving down Highway 1 all the way into Aiken (passing The Big Mo in Monetta along the way!!). When we got there, we started a hunt for Bruster's Ice Cream. When we finally found it, it was closed and for sale. So we just went to Sonic for ice cream then took the long way home.

I just love Aiken. It is such a pretty city. I wish Tom's company had more IT stuff in Aiken. It would be a great place for us to move to! I don't know what their public schools are like but I know there are good Christian schools in Aiken and Augusta to choose from....as opposed to where we are now having a horrible public school district and only one affordable Christian school to choose from. Oh well I'm dreaming but we scoped out a couple of places to eat on our next date night!

No comments: