Monday, August 17, 2009

Katie's first day of 1st grade!!

Today, our baby started 1st grade. It is hard to believe that she is old enough to be in 1st grade. We went to Open House Friday night and found out that Katie's teacher taught Tom in 5th grade when he was at Grace! She has had great teachers so far and we are feeling great about her having a seasoned teacher this year. She is going to learn alot and do great!I hate the dress code but it is a great school academically so we just have to deal with it.
My true Gamecock Fan!!
She is very excited that she no longer has to use the ugly plain little bags that the Kindergarten gives everyone and requires they use. She LOVES her Gamecock bookbag. What can I say...the girl has great taste!!!

I cook breakfast for our girls on their first day of school every year. The rest of the year if they want breakfast at all, they usually eat cereal in milk. But on the first day of school they get to choose the breakfast they want me to cook. Katie made it easy on me and chose blueberry Eggo waffles and apple cinnamon oatmeal....we use the Quaker instant oatmeal packets and nuke that in the microwave. I put her milk in Brittanie's light up bottomed Bubba Gump Shrimp Company cup. She turned the light off so she could see the strobe effect better and wanted me to take a picture.
We sat at the table and talked. I really enjoyed it. Right after she finished eating, she grabbed one of her new shoes and brought it in the kitchen to see which one was brighter, the lights on the cup or the lights on her shoes. The shoes won. Tom said the teacher is going to hate those shoes by the end of the year! Oh well, Katie LOVES them! Both of my girls have had light up shoes before but the lights on these are by far the brightest I have ever seen. They are called headlights! They are Skechers, which was the brand Katie asked for. She wanted Twinkle Toe Skechers. After I looked at them, I refused to buy them. They are ugly. They look like they were designed by 60's flower children. No way! These are much better! They are princess shoes for my little princess! I just can't get over how style conscious she is at just 6 years old! She is going to be a little diva very early!

After I took all the pictures I wanted to take, my little ham requested I take two more pictures.

Here is the first one:
And the second one I told her may look cool to her now but I WILL be showing it at her wedding. hehehe

No comments: