Sunday, August 30, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes

It is no secret to those that know me that I'm not particularly fond of old people. I guess Katie has picked up on that because today she told Tom that he can't go to the store because there are old people there and old people carry diseases! She cracks me up!!!

Tom has been sick for 3 weeks and refused to go to the doctor. Well this week, it got really bad and he started taking left over antibiotics that we had in the medicine cabinet and Tylenol Cold. This weekend, he looks like death and still refusing to go to the doctor. He is weak and feverish....and totally annoying! I have heard wives complain about their husbands being big babies when they are sick. Tom is the complete opposite of that. He says he is sick not helpless and flat out refuses to let me pamper him. He went to take off the trash today and came home exhausted. Then he decided that he HAD to go to the store. He is really wiped out from that. He claims he is going to work. Mr. "Don't call in, crawl in" just thinks he is going to work tomorrow. I'm scared for him to drive all that way as weak as he is. He has been laying down off and on all weekend. You can't do that at work....not to mention he will get everyone at work sick too. I am going to try to get him to go to the doctor Monday. Why are men so stubborn??

14 comments:

Ken said...

I'm pretty sure he could lay down at work. Tell him he needs to get well before Thursday night and the NFL season next week.

Nette said...

I sure hope so because he is going to work. He said he feels better but I think he only said that so I would stop telling him he needed to call in sick today.

We are definitely ready for Thursday!! We are looking good this year!

Kevin said...

Tell him to just work from the recliner, and go see the Doctor. We do have the swine flu in the area !

Scott said...

If he gets me sick and I miss the Steelers game I will hide an open Slim Jim under his chair.

Rod said...

I am going on a honeymoon cruise next week he'd better keep the sick home.

Nette said...

Scott, this weekend you could have hidden an open can of sardines under his chair and he wouldn't have smelled it.

You want to play a prank on him, make his office brighter. He and Brittanie are vampires!

Nette said...

Honeymoon??? Congratulations Rod!! Your bride is very pretty! I am happy for you!

Rod said...

Meant to say hurricane not honeymoon

Nette said...

Freudian slip? Got something big planned but don't want us to know huh?? ;-)

Scott said...

The Ken, Scott, and Rod comments were from Kevin. Slim Jims do not smell when it gets old so that was lame. The sardines you mentioned, now that is a nasty smell. Kevin was just having fun with you.

Nette said...

Scott, I thought it was lame too. After all the prank stories I heard about Kevin, I expected more.

Kevin, you disappointed me, soldier! You gotta bump up your game.

Scott said...

Ken is Kevin's preferred choice for his pranks. Luckily for Kevin Ken can handle it and it doesn't flare up into some more serious. Now if it were me or Tom, I'm sure the consequences would be very different.

Nette said...

Yeah ya have to be careful pranking Tom for sure. You have to make sure he is in a good mood and make sure the prank doesn't cross any lines. I prefer sarcastic banter with Tom. That's always fun but I always lose. I am hopeful that one day I will leave him speechless for a change. :D

Scott said...

I enjoy being sarcastic myself. That is always fun with the banter. You will win. He is tough, but you will eventually break him down. Don't lose faith!