Sunday, October 09, 2005

Another great week

The first great thing is that I am caught up on my typing. I know my boss is as thrilled as I am. I am actually waiting on dictations in the mornings. That's a WONDERFUL feeling. Tonight, I have to type what he gave me Friday because I don't have a sitter on Fridays, but as long as it is done and e-mailed by 7:30am Monday morning, I'm still on time.

Thursday, Brittanie had promotion ceremony in JROTC. She wanted me to come and I didn't want to go alone so I asked Jessica to go with me for moral support and to help me take pictures. Well I got surprised when Sgt. Davis called the four leaders of Delta company to the front, one of them being Brittanie, and announced their new ranks. Major Norton was pinning their new rank pins on them and when he got to Brittanie, he turned around to the back of the room where I was sitting and asked me to come up and pin Brittanie's rank pin. I don't like being in front of people, especially not a room full of teenagers that I don't know. But I did it and was so glad I went. I was the only parent asked to do that though. I don't know why I was chosen but I was grateful for the opportunity. But I did get embarrassed because I was nervous and holding my camera in my left hand and trying to pin her and I started putting her pin upside down. Major Norton corrected me and I said "You can tell I've never been in the Army." But I knew better, I was just nervous. Here are some pictures from that.

Here is me pinning her with Major Norton beside me.

This one was taken after she was pinned. See her shiny new rank pin? Obviously this isn't the pin you wear with BDU's but the rifle team all wore their BDU's that day so she had to be pinned with her Class A/B pin on her BDU's.


I love seeing her in her BDU's at parade rest. You should have seen her doing her turns and marching up there all official. I'm so proud of her!!!




By the way, since her boyfriend is in Delta company also, we were able to get a better picture of him as well. He was looking at Jessica and I kinda weird because he didn't know who we were and there we were taking his picture. I guess we looked like the paparazzi! hehehe

Also, the guy just behind him to the left, is Chris. He goes to church with us. He and Brittanie are in the youth group together.

Friday, I was able to finally have lunch with Samantha. When I was behind on my typing, it was hard to make time to do that....plus with all the appointments we have with Katie's allergies, Brittanie's orthodontist, and our sleep doctors appointments, it is hard to do. But I had a great time and even got to see Sandra later that afternoon. I have missed them so much. So did Katie!! She had been asking to see "Mamie" for days. I think she was having Mamie DT's. hehehe

Saturday, Brittanie had rifle team competition that morning and got 2nd place on her team. Her team took 3rd place in the competition. That night, I took her and Miranda to a concert in Atlanta. I don't know what I was thinking. It sounded like a good idea at the time. The problem was that I went to bed at 11:30pm Friday night, got up at 6:15am Saturday morning to take Brittanie to school for her rifle team competition. When I got home, I couldn't get back to sleep. So I stayed up, ran to Swansea to pick her up at noon, came home, and left for the concert at 2:30pm and headed to Atlanta. We got there at 6:30pm. I watched a couple of movies in the
van during the concert, which ended at 11:30pm. We got home at 3am!!!! I am so old! When I was a teenager or even in my 20's, that would have been nothing. But at 36, I was struggling hard to stay awake on the drive home. I kept having to roll my window down and turn up the radio to stay awake. But it was worth it because Brittanie and Miranda had a blast and both of them thanked me profusely. And the icing on the cake was Tom telling me I'm a good mom. You know I think that is the best compliment I have ever gotten. I love Brittanie and when I think about the fact that I only have her home for 2 1/2 more years and she will be going to college, my heart literally aches. I want to make her memories good ones.

Tom is working today....always the 2nd Sunday of the month. But for once, he will take those hours back. He will be taking Katie to the fair one day this week. I took her last year, as did Tom, and she loved it. I can't wait to see her reaction this year since she is older and understands more.

No comments: