Saturday, October 22, 2005

I'm behind again

I am six days behind this time. I think this is the farthest behind I have ever been but I have had babysitter problems. So I am going to be typing all weekend to get it done. But I HAVE to get it ALL done this weekend because Jonathan's wife and daughters are coming Monday night and staying with us until they fly to meet Jonathan in Germany on Thursday. I don't want to be typing the whole time they are here. I hate it when I get behind.

Brittanie has decided that she and William have little more than an attraction for each other in common and have decided to just be friends. His friend, Justin, on the other hand has alot in common with Brittanie and they have grown very close and are now officially a couple. I really like him. He reminds me so much of my ex-boyfriend, Kim Jude. He is funny and fun to be with. It was one of the best times of my dating years and I'm glad she has somebody like that now. The only difference is Justin is very smart and wants to go to college....as it turns out, he has been preparing for West Point, just like Brittanie. He is close to his mom and I've met her too and really like her. If nothing else, I hope they stay friends for a long time because Brittanie needs a good guy friend. As I have told her, girls will stab you in the back and try to take your man. Guy friends are MUCH better. It took her getting hurt several times to figure out I was right but she has it now.

We are throwing a surprise party for my mom's 75th birthday on January 14, 2006. She has no clue. Her birthday is January 18th, the same day as my cousin, Tracy. So we are going to send her an invitation to a surprise party for Tracy on the 14th. We are even having the party in Fordoche (where Tracy lives) instead of Krotz Springs (where my mom lives) and it really helps that the hall there is ALOT cheaper than in Krotz Springs. Randy (my nephew) called me and thinks we need to have a big gumbo instead of getting people to bring covered dishes or finger foods. He wants to do it. I told him that is ALOT of work on him and his wife because Brittanie doesn't get out of school until 3:15pm on the 13th so we are going to travel until about 10pm and then check into a hotel and finish the trip in the morning. So we wouldn't get there until that afternoon so I won't be of much help. But he said not to worry, he's got it covered. Tracy said she and her sister, Kellie, and their parents, (my dad's brother and his wife) would help him....no problem. So I am getting so excited. I loved the way Tom's cousin, Jenny, did her mom's 75th birthday party invitations so I am going to do the same with my mom's. They took a big postcard and printed a picture of her mom when she was younger on one half of the invitation and the other half had the details of the party. So as soon as we confirm that we have the building, I'll get the address and start making the invitations. Kellie is going to send mom and invitation from her house to "Tracy's party" so she doesn't make plans that day. But everybody she knows will be in on it and have promised to help get her there.
I can't wait!!

Well Tom is giving me a hard time for working on my dictations so I better get to it. It is rough being married to someone that smart. I had a bad dream last night that he and I were separated and that a member of my family fixed him up with his old yucky girlfriend. I was hostile to say the least and woke up mad. I told him about the dream a minute ago and he told me we will never separate and I was just getting that warm and fuzzy feeling I get when he looks at me with those gorgeous green eyes and that beautiful smile, when he said "Think about it, why do you think I stick around here? For you work ethic?" And then he burst out laughing. I'll admit, with me being 6 days behind on my typing, that was a funny jab but I had no come back and I'm never at a loss for words. He got me! But payback is coming. hehehe


No comments: