Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday update on Brittanie

Brittanie has been to her family doctor Tuesday, Wednesday, and today and received a shot each day. She is scheduled to go back tomorrow again for her last shot then she will start taking the same antibiotic but in oral form starting Saturday. She is SOOOOOO much better. I would say she is 90% back to normal. She is still waking up with a sore throat in the morning but once she takes her Prednisone, it gets better. The doctor gave her an excuse to be out of school all of this week. So she will have ALOT to catch up on when she goes back Monday. But she can do it.

The military ball is on our anniversary this year....February 17th. I took her to Irmo today to have her dress altered and she looks stunning in it. I can't wait to post pictures next Friday night!!! She has not been able to take in anything but hot chocolate and apple sauce since last Thursday so she lost 5 pounds this week. She has lost a total of 40 pounds since last May. Since she is feeling better, I let her drive everywhere today and we did ALOT of driving. The last stop was Food Lion and she was not happy that I got her to go in there because she had no make-up on and she ran into tons of people from her school. She said "Mom! You don't understand! I'm a recovering ugly duckling. I don't want them to see me like this." I think she looked great. She is beautiful even without make-up but to me I found it even more impressive that she looked that good after being so sick and in so much pain for a week. I guess I never really cared how I looked so, she's right...I don't understand. But it is a lesson learned. I will never ask her to go in the grocery store when she doesn't have make-up on.

So that's our update. Everybody keep praying. She has had quite a week and has to take the ACT test Saturday!

No comments: