Sunday, March 30, 2008

Katieism

Katie is trying to convince me that after 5 years of hating bananas, that she now likes them. I didn't even acknowledge what she said so she continued by saying "If you give me a banana, I'll eat it like an egg!" Then I had to laugh.

Last night, our friends, Frank and Lynn, came over to play Pictionary (which we try to do once a month). We had a great time. I got a 3 foot party sub from Steve's Deli, and we had chips and dip, and Lynn brought her always delicious brownies and we pigged out and played Pictionary. It was so much fun. Tom was in a great mood and when that happens, he picks on everybody. I love it when he is like that. But he told me that before they come back, I HAVE to study a map. I'm horrible at geography. I was an honor student all through school but I only learned history, geography, and science long enough to take the test and then it was gone. So I guess I didn't really learn it. I memorized it. It was just so boring to me. It has been no secret to Tom, Frank, or Lynn that I'm horrible at geography because everytime I have to draw a foreign country, I draw the US and then an arrow that points to the right. He knows that means guess some countries because I have no clue where that is. Well last night, Tom had to draw and make me guess "Spain." Let's just say, we didn't get it. LOL Make me do a complicated algebra problem or a chemistry problem, and I will be all over that. But don't ask me where Spain is. He even drew arrows to South America to let me know that they speak Spanish in the country he was drawing. But he was drawing it in Europe. I thought Spain was in South America. I thought all those Spanish speaking people were in South America and Mexico. I never cared to learn the truth. So now Tom is making me study a map before we play again. LOL

No comments: