Monday, July 25, 2005

Let the water works begin!

I feel bad for my baby girl today. She misses her daddy. She must have asked me 100 times where her daddy is. Right now she is in the tub crying because she didn't want me to give her a bath. She wanted her daddy to do it. I tried explaining that Daddy is in Ohio and won't be back until Tuesday and her bath just won't wait until Tuesday. But she is 2 years old and doesn't care about excuses. She just wants her daddy.

Tom and Brittanie called earlier and told me they saw the Pro-Football Hall of Fame and it was really cool. They went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and weren't impressed. But at least they can say the have been there. They ate at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland and then drove to Sandusky, checked in their hotel and went to see a movie I have been waiting to see....Wedding Crashers. That's ok. Hopefully I will catch up on my typing and be feeling better by Tuesday and will go see it myself. When Brittanie gets home, she and I are going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I don't do alone very well. I can't wait for Tom and Brittanie to get home. I don't sleep as well without Tom snoring next to me. hehehe I miss Brittanie's precious smile when she kisses me goodnight. I'm a mess already and she has only been gone 24 hours. I can't imagine what shape I am going to be in if she actually goes to West Point for 6 years!

Well I got my baby out of the tub. She asked me to let her play for awhile but all she did was cry. So I dressed her and held her while she calmed down. When I kissed her and layed her down in her bed, she had big crocodile tears in her eyes and her little bottom lip was poking out. I told her goodnight and I loved her and she said "I want daddy." It broke my heart. He promised her yesterday when he left us that he will take her on this trip when she gets older. That's no consolation for a 2-year-old. All she knows is that daddy isn't here and she misses him. She has been a daddy's girl from day 1. My heart is breaking for her.

1 comment:

madtabor said...

Poor Katie :( I feel for her.