Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Boy was she surprised!!!


We went to Louisiana Friday and gave my mom a surprise party to celebrate her 75th birthday. It was so funny! She walked in and everyone said "Surprise" and she thought it was a joke. She still thought it was my uncle and aunt's party but they are fooling around telling her surprise. So we told her that they said surprise for her birthday. She still didn't get it that it wasn't just the "surprise!" that was hers....the whole party was for her. She didn't get it until we showed her the cake. She was blown away. She couldn't believe that we had planned this party for months and nobody let it slip....especially me. I have a hard time keeping stuff from her. But she was certainly surprised. She and everyone else had a blast at her party. It was sooooooooo fun!!! Here are some pictures.

This is when she walked in the hall and we said surprise. She laughed because she thought we were all just cutting up. (By the way, the man in the picture is her boyfriend, Elvin)

What? The party is for me????


My nephew, Randy, and his wife made a HUGE pot of gumbo for the party. It had 4 hens, 5lb of sausage, 5lb of andoille, and 5lb of tasso. We let mom have the first bowl. It was DELICIOUS!!! My nephew is a GREAT cook!!

I took pictures of mom with everybody at the party. There were 50+ people there. I won't post all the pictures but I will post some. The picture above is mom and her brother, Vincent. Uncle Vincent is also the grandfather of my wonderful and handsome godson, Jonathan.The picture above is mom with Uncle Vincent and his wife and their son, Pokey, and his daughter. Also to the right is Jonathan's mom, Priss, and her husband, Fred.

This is my mom with her first cousin, Alice, and her husband, Lloyd. Aunt Alice and Uncle Lloyd are also the grandparents of my future son-in-law, Alex. ;^)

Here's mom with the anniversary couple, Uncle Curtis and Aunt Bobbie. Mom thought the party was for them. By the way, I love all of my family but Uncle Curtis is my favorite uncle. He had a place of honor at my wedding and I even stopped to kiss him on my way out of the church after we were pronounced husband and wife. He's such a sweetheart!

Above and below are pictures of mom with her boyfriend, Elvin. Elvin is my dad's first cousin. He is a good guy. I think they are in love!
Here is mom with her goddaughter, Deanie. She is my dad's sister's daughter (my first cousin) and everybody has always said we are alot alike!Here is our bunch! From left to right: Tom, me, Brittanie, Amber (Randy's daughter), Kathy (Randy's wife), Randy, Clayton (my mother's son), mom, Arthurine (my mother's son's wife), Taylor (Tammie's oldest daughter), Lyndsie (Tammie's youngest daughter), Katie, Tammie, and Eddie (Tammie's ex-husband)Mom and Elvin having the first dance of the night.
Aunt Alice and Uncle Lloyd were burning up the dancefloor all night. They are REALLY good dancers! It was so fun watching them dance.
Here is Brittanie dancing with her handsome Paran (Randy). That's Aunt Alice and Uncle Lloyd in the background.
Everybody else was dancing with mom, so Katie had to take her turn.

Katie was jealous and having fits when Uncle Elmer (my other favorite uncle and my daddy's youngest brother) started dancing with my mom.
This picture was taken right after the one above. They were laughing because Katie was so mad that mom was dancing with Uncle Elmer that she flopped down on the floor in protest.
Here is mom dancing with Uncle Lloyd.

Here is mom dancing with my handsome nephew, Randy. Can you tell she loves him or what? She was so proud to be dancing with him.

Cha-Cha now yall! Here is Taylor and Lyndsie (Tammie's daughters) and my cousin, Tracy, doing the Cha-Cha Slide. Taylor and Lyndsie were so adorable doing it that I had to get a picture. They are so pretty!

All in all, we had a GREAT time. Randy and Kathy worked their behinds off. Tracy, Kellie, and Aunt Diane made the rice. Tammie picked up the cake. Randy and Kathy did the rest and paid half of everything. They were incredible. Mom was so touched. My mother's son and his wife told everyone at the party that they didn't find out about it until Thursday. They told mom they didn't contribute to the party because they didn't know about it. Well they didn't contribute towards daddy's funeral at all....not a dime towards the flowers or anything. So why would I think he would want to help with this? He is lucky he was invited at all. But it shows how selfish they really are. It was mom's night and they went around griping to everybody who would listen all night long. Truly sad. But in spite of their stupidity, everybody had a great time. I'm soooooo glad we did it!!

On the way home, we went through New Orleans. I took some pictures but that will have to wait for another post as I'm VERY far behind on my typing and need to get back to work. I just couldn't wait to get my party pictures on my blog!

No comments: