Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New Orleans....the chocolate city

My cousin sent this picture to me and it tickled me so I wanted to share it with everybody. Let me know if you found it as funny as I did.

My friend, Terri sent this too me and I thought it would be funny to put it under the picture:

Willy Wonka Announces Run for Mayor after New Orleans Rebuilt in Chocolate
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana --- Willy Wonka announced today that he will run for
mayor of New Orleans after Mayor Nagin rebuilds the city out of chocolate.
The announcement comes after Nagin announced he will make New Orleans a
"chocolate" city.

"This is a chance of a lifetime," said Wonka. "I can put the Oompa Loompas
on my staff, change the water fountains to chocolate, make it rain jelly
beans, and hire Kojak and his lolly pop to protect the fine city. It sounds
like a magical place. I'm so happy Mr. Nagin is doing this."

There will be significant controversy over rebuilding the city in chocolate
though. Infamous Louisiana Klansman, David Duke, insists that the city be
built out of white chocolate. And gay advocates representing the city's
large gay and lesbian population insist the city have a large area built out
of Skittles, the candy with a rainbow of fruit flavors. The first major
shipment of chocolate arrived yesterday, but it was looted before
construction crews could get started rebuilding.


No comments: