Monday, January 09, 2006

Good weekend!

We have had a pretty good weekend. Brittanie had a rifle team competition Saturday morning so I had to get her to school by 6:15am. She did really well in standing position but didn't want to talk about the other two positions so I guess that says it all. But that afternoon, I took her and her best friend, William, to see a movie. They went to see Fun with Dick and Jane and I went to see The Ringer. Both of our movies stunk but at least we were out of the house and there were some funny parts to our movies that made them tolerable. But I will say for anyone who reads this....wait till these movies come out on video. I'm glad we saw them as a matinee and didn't pay $8 a piece to see them. After the movie, I dropped Brittanie and William off at the mall for an hour and then we came home. Sunday, I typed and Tom worked. Brittanie watched Katie and did laundry for us. Our beloved Panthers shut out the New York Giants. It was the first time since 1980 that a home team has been shut out in the playoffs. As for the Giants, it was their first time being shut out at home in the play offs since 1943. Way to go Panthers! Our defense is awesome. But we will be facing an even tougher defense next week.....the Chicago Bears. I am glad we will be at my mom's for that one so we can leave Tom alone to scream at the game.

We had a good day spending quality time with each other once Tom got home. Katie and Brittanie love to aggravate one another. You would swear they are the same age. Katie points her finger at Brittanie and tells her "Get a grip!" She's 3 going on 16.

My sweet husband even went out at 10pm and filled my van up with gas because he knows I have a big day tomorrow. He doesn't want anyone to know it but he is sooooooooo sweet.

I just love my family!

We have a big week ahead of us. Tuesday, I'm working the election for Lexington School District #4 school board seat that was vacated when Jim Kinard became a county councilman. Wednesday and Thursday I have to type. Friday we are picking Brittanie and Justin up from school at 11:30 and hitting the road for Louisiana. Because we are leaving that early, we will probably drive all the way to Baton Rouge and stay in a hotel there. That way we are only a half hour from where the party will be on Saturday so we can sleep late and not have to rush or drive alot and be tired during the party. This is one trip that I really am looking forward to. Mom has no clue this party is for her. She thinks it is a 45th wedding anniversary party for my favorite uncle and his wife. I can't wait to see her face when she realizes the party is for her. I will definitely post pictures when I get back.

No comments: