Wednesday, January 04, 2006

What a busy Tuesday!


Monday we took down all the Christmas decorations, boxed them up, and back to the attic they went. Tuesday is the first day completely back to normal and boy was it busy. Tom started out the morning with an optometrist appointment. He had been telling me his eyes were blurry when he tries to see distances. So I made an appointment for him to see Brittanie's eye doctor. Well we thought the appointment was at 10....it was actually 9:30. So he couldn't see Brittanie's doctor. But the doctor he got was nice anyway. Turns out, Tom needs glasses for driving and other instances where he needs to see long distances. He will get them in 2 to 3 weeks. It's funny, I used to joke and say I married the only guy at PCC that didn't wear glasses.....Christians seem to have bad eyes. Well now my sweet PCC man will have glasses. I hate the thought of anything covering his beautiful green eyes but lucky for me he will mainly wear them to drive.

Brittanie had rifle team practice at 1pm. The problem was I had a doctor's appointment in northeast Columbia at 1pm. So I told her we HAVE to leave at 12:15 and I would just have to drop her and Justin off early. Well I should know by now telling a Sightler 12:15 means 12:30 in Sightler language. So we didn't leave the house until 12:30. There was an accident on the way and I didn't get to my appointment until 1:20. I had Katie with me because it was an appointment with her ENT. I figured since she was with me, I would ask him to check her ears because one has been draining. Well lucky for us, he was running late too so we didn't wait that long. We were in the waiting room and Katie, being the social butterfly she is, was talking to a lady telling her all about how she took eggs, brownies, candy, and cube steak into her room and got a spanking for it. Then that woman got called to the back and she came back to my side of the room and started talking to the woman next to me, who was there with her husband. The woman asked her what she got for Christmas. Katie told her a doggie. (With all the toys she got for Christmas, the one she liked the best was the little doggie Melanie bought her.) Well they kept talking about other stuff. She told this woman about her taking that stuff in her room and getting a spanking. Then the woman asked her again what she got for Christmas....meaning what else did you get besides the dog, but all she said was "So what did you get for Christmas?" Well Katie is Tom's child. Her answer was an attitude filled "I JUST told you THAT!" Everybody in the waiting room started laughing. They couldn't get over how smart she was. Smart or smart alek? LOL We went to the back and saw Dr. Thompson and he looked in her ears first, gave me a script for drops, and then moved on to me. It was my first time seeing him so he was looking me over....ears first. Well when he looked in my mouth, Katie said "Hey! You didn't look in my mouth!" So he looked in her mouth. Then he took that little thingy that opens up your nostrils and looked in my nose and Katie said "Hey! You didn't look in my nose!" So he shined the light in her nose. Then she looked on the wall and he had a stethescope hanging there. She told Dr. Thompson "You need to listen to me breathe." He said "No, I leave that to family doctors and internists." She said "Dr. Bogan listens to me breathe." She loves Dr. Bogan. She pretends to be his nurse all the time. It is so cute. But it was getting late and she was getting cranky because she was hungry and sleepy. Dr. Thompson is going to fix my septum where my jerk of an ex-boyfriend broke the tip of my nose. He is also going to do a laser turbinate reduction and hopefully that will help everything work properly so I can get off Afrin, get off CPAP, and not need tubes in my ears. Because of the CPAP, I have to be in the hospital for 23 hour observation. So I'm having my surgery February 7th. Anyway, I left the office, went to the bank, went got Katie and I something to eat, headed to Swansea and picked up Brittanie and Justin a half hour late from rifle team practice, dropped them off at home and then headed to my class in Lexington as I'm now chairman of the Gaston District #2 voting precinct. So I had to learn the do's and don'ts and how to work the electronic machines. I got home at 8pm. I was exhausted! What a long day.

Brittanie and Tom are going to Newberry Pistol Club tonight with her assistant rifle team coach and his son, who is also one of Brittanie's best friends. The coach and his son are members there and want Brittanie to join. From what I understand, they have a Jr. Olympic marksman coach there. So if she joins and goes diligently and keeps her grades up, she could get a scholarship for this! I guess we will see how it went when they get back.

No comments: