Sunday, February 04, 2007

Now that's MY kind of Superbowl shuffle!!!

Well the Colts sent the Chicago Bears "shuffling" back to the windbag...errrr windy city! I LOVED IT!!! Isn't it great to see the obnoxious fall? I was doing a happy dance!! Tony Dungy's son is probably looking down and so proud of his dad and his Colts today! I have heard Peyton Manning compared to the GREAT Dan Marino. I'm so glad that he didn't meet the same fate as Dan....a spectacular career but no Superbowl ring to show for it. Aside from seeing the Bears lose, the highlight of the night for me is usually the commercials. This year, I was pretty disappointed in the commercials. Bud never disappoints. But no one else made a commercial worth mentioning. I don't understand the point of the Coke and Frito Lay commercials. The message we got from it was "Who knew black men could coach?" Why is everyone making such a big deal of black men coaching? There are black men across the country that are good at what they do. There are good black athletes, good black coaches, good black teachers, good black principals, good black programmers, etc. Why were we making such a big deal out of like it is such a surprise that black coaches could be in the Superbowl? It didn't suprise us at all. Greatness comes in all colors.

Anyway, my favorite commercial (even though I an adamantly opposed to drinking) is a Bud commercial. Here it is for anyone who missed it:








No comments: