Friday, February 23, 2007

update

I know I'm supposed to be typing but I had so much to blog that I decided to write it down before I forgot something.

Tuesday night, Brittanie went to work and asked her manager if she could talk to him about transferring to the Red Bank Sonic. She was thinking since they are hurting for workers so bad, they may pay her a little more. Well her manager freaked out and told her he didn't want to lose her and if it is about gas money, how much would it take to get her to stay with them on #1. She said she didn't want to overshoot it so for him to tell her what he had in mind. She got a raise to $6 after only 3 weeks on the job (she has been there since November) and last night, he gave her $6.50 an hour and told her once she passes her master test (which should be in a week or two) that she will get $7 an hour and become a car hop and start making tips. One night, one of their car hops was working alone and made $80 in tips! Brittanie was there that night. That's what got her all fired up to be a car hop. Anyway, her manager told her that he values her as an employee because she is very honest....he said he knows that if he left a hundred dollar bill by her, he could come back hours later and it would still be there. He told her she was dependable and hard working as well and he wants to keep her. So she is staying on #1 and so happy. Sonic really knows how to treat their employees!!!

Tuesday,
Katie asked her daddy if one day he would take her to see God. He told her he doesn't think he can do that. She said "But I love him. I want to meet him." I thought it was too sweet not to share.

Now on to today. I got up this morning and took a shower. Tom came home early to take Katie to the doctor for me not only because I need to type but because she was going to get another Rocephin shot for the second time this week and I HATE going to do that. It breaks my heart to watch her get a shot. Well when Tom got here to pick up Katie, I was getting her dressed and that's when I noticed that the bottle of children's chewable Tylenol (Walgreen's brand) was open and empty. I nearly had a heart attack. Katie admitted to eating them because "they taste so good." We started counting how many would have been in the bottle. I bought it brand new Monday with 30 tablets and gave her 10 to 12 tablets this week. That means she could have taken 20 tablets of chewable Tylenol. Tom took her immediately to the Emergency Room. I called Brittanie's school to get her to come home so she could pick up Taylor from school. As soon as she got home from school, I went to the ER to meet Tom and Katie. They gave Katie charcoal to drink, which she eventually threw up. The toxic level for Tylenol is 140. Her level on the first blood test was 40. The second blood test showed a level of 25. So she was ok. But to say it scared us to death would be an understatement. So we spent 5 hours in Lexington Medical Center Emergency Room today. As soon as we got home, we gave Katie a bath and Tom, Brittanie and Taylor left to go to Tennessee. They are going to the Saturday Showcase at Carson-Newman College in Tennessee. Katie was supposed to be staying with my inlaws. But since Tom's uncle passed away yesterday, they are going to take Katie with them to the funeral in Myrtle Beach tomorrow instead of staying at their house. This was an exhausting day. I do have a couple of cute stories from the ER visit. She never showed signs of an overdose. She was happy and hyper like normal. At one point, I was hugging her and she said "I need to throw up." So I told Tom to grab a pan and hurry. She said "Yeah daddy! Hurry up!" So he rushed the pan to her and she make a fake puke sound and then said "ummm maybe not! HAHAHAHAHAHA" She thought that was so funny. She is a nut! Then later, Tom was sitting in a chair against the wall and he picked her up and she hit her head on the wall behind his head and she immediately smacked him across the forehead and said "you did that on purpose!" She was too funny to get mad at her. She also had fun playing pretend with the curtain in the Emergency Room. One time she pretended it was her shower curtain and she was taking a shower. The next time she was pretending she was in church behind the curtain.

I'm exhausted and going to bed.....with the phone so I will know when Tom makes it to the hotel in TN. G'night yall!

No comments: