Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Glad Monday is over!!!

Yesterday, I got up at 4am ready to type. I had it planned that I was going to get 3 dictations done yesterday. Well I got within an hour of finishing the first one and had to stop and get Katie ready for school. She was whining and crying, which is not something she usually does. I thought she felt warm but Tom said no. Well after she was totally dressed, instead of grabbing her Leapster like she normally does, she got right up against me and just sat there and drank some Propel. Well the Propel hadn't hit her stomach good when it was back up...on me, Katie, and the floor. She told me she felt better but I was keeping her home anyway. I sent her to brush her teeth and she drank water from the tap and that came up. Between 7:30 and 9:30, she puked 4 times. After the last time, she wanted me to hold her. At that point, typing is no longer important. So I laid down with her and took a nap with her in my arms. She woke up feeling better and wanting to eat but I made her take it slow because I figured it was just the Phenergan suppository making her stomach ok. So I only let her eat a couple of crackers and some Propel throughout the day. No more pukey!

Today she is back to normal and feeling great. She and Tom raced to his truck, like they normally do, and he let her win. She turned around and told him "Ha Ha I win! I'm a winner and you're a LOSER!" Yep she is definitely back to normal today. Now we just have to hope that none of us catch what she had. It didn't last long but I don't want it anyway!

I finally got the last hour of that dictation done around 4pm. I pulled the reports from the next day to get that dictation started when Brittanie came home crying. Her ex had done something to upset her. Well after hearing the story, I wasn't happy with him either. But Hank took Brittanie to see Saw 4 at the 5:30 show. So I started cooking after she left. Then her ex showed up at the house. He had a permission slip for a rifle team competition today near Aiken. He had called Brittanie and she told him she wasn't home so he asked if I was home. She told him not to bring it by. But he didn't listen. I opened the door and he was standing there with that permission slip in his hand. I told him to come in and have a seat. Then I told him exactly what I thought about his behavior and how he hurt Brittanie. I let him have it for 15 minutes. He said he didn't realize. Yeah ok. He knew exactly how Brittanie would react and he was trying to get a reaction out of her. He got a reaction alright. She left rifle team practice early and then I gave him a reaction from a mom's point of view. I'm not done either. I have a call in to 1SG to discuss it as well. That boy was in our family for over a year. He should know I won't tolerate someone hurting my girls.

I'm just glad Monday is over and am looking forward to having a productive day.

By the way, my in laws came over Saturday and picked Katie up and took her to McDonald's for lunch and let her eat and play there. Then they went to Chuck E. Cheese's to play on the stuff there. Then they took her to Toys R Us and let her pick out a toy. Unfortunately she picked out the most annoying toy in the store, second only to a talking bird that she wanted at first. But she loves the toy. It is a Dalmatian on roller skates that barks and if you don't play with him for 10 seconds, he lays down and wimpers till you pet his head. It is sound activated so he continues to skate and make noise at every sound. She loves it but we have restricted it to the playroom with the door closed. LOL But she had a great day with Grandma and Grandpa. We really appreciate them coming all the way down here to make her birthday special and spend time one on one with them. She loves them and don't get to see them very often. So every time spent with them is precious!

No comments: