Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Katie's vocabulary

I don't chose what Katie watches on TV, although we don't allow Dora the Explorer and Diego because I don't want her to start speaking Spanish. But Katie picks all educational shows. She LOVES to learn.

Yesterday she came to me and asked me what I had just said to her because she missed it because "I was engrossed in my game." I said "engrossed?" She said, "Yes. It means that I couldn't concentrate on anything else." WOW! She's barely 5 and using big words like that...and knows what they mean even! I asked her where she learned that word and she said it was a show called Pinky Dinky Doo. I love that she has such a strong desire to learn. She also wants to be able to write better. She comes home everyday and practices her writing all afternoon on her own. I hope she keeps this up. If she does, the sky is the limit....calling Dr. Sightler! Then again she is Tom's child and loves to argue....may be a lawyer! hehehe

No comments: