Sunday, February 03, 2008

How bout those Giants?

I have to admit that I'm not a Giants fan but I am a fan of the Manning brothers. So I was thrilled that Peyton won last year and Eli won this year. I was a Patriots fan in the 80's....back when they stunk it up and were extremely humble when they did well. Those days are definitely gone and what we have now are cheaters with a pretty boy quarterback. Tom absolutely HATES cheating in any form so since that story broke, he has hated the Patriots.....especially their coach and Tom Brady. Brittanie has adopted that same hatred. So they were LOVING the game tonight....jumping up and cheering everytime Tom Brady was sacked. We recorded the game and Tom said when he has a bad day, he is going to come home and replay Tom Brady's sacks and that will definitely cheer him up. heheheThe only thing that could have made the Superbowl better would have been to have a good half time show. I couldn't believe they had Geritol Junkies up there singing with their wrinkles and haggard looks. Give me a break! I guess they were trying to appeal to the 50 somethings out there watching but for us 30 somethings in our house and our teenager, it was anything but enjoyable. Brittanie went to the store during half time and Tom and I couldn't stand that caterwauling geezer any longer and we muted the rest of the half time show. I know they are scared to get more contemporary people since the "wardrobe malfunction" but come on! These guys were old and done when I was in high school. It was pathetic watching them pretend to rock at their age. I was embarrassed for them.

But anyway, if we can't have a southern team in the Superbowl, having the Patriots lose is the next best thing. It was even sweeter that the Giants robbed them of their perfect season. SWEEEEEEEET!!!

You can't talk about the Superbowl without mentioning the commercials. I HATED the FedEX commercial with the HUGE pigeons. I will have nightmares about that tonight I'm sure. But putting my bird phobia aside, the lamest commercials were those stupid animated ones from Salesgenie. They need to fire their advertising agency because those commercials stunk big time. They should really be embarrassed to air such crap to represent their company. I also didn't like the Doritoes commercial with that girl singing. She sounded horrible and I couldn't wait till that was over. eeek! My favorite was the Tide commercial with the talking stain. My honorable mentions are the "Night at the Roxbury" spoof for Diet Pepsi Max, the "Thriller" Life water commercial, Bud Light Cavemen, and the T-Mobile commercial with Charles Barkley.

*photos courtesy of SI.com

No comments: