Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Real Cajun Mardi Gras

For those of yall who are interested, I found a little video of an authentic Cajun Mardi Gras....the Mardi Gras in Mamou, LA. They ride their horses to different places and ask for ingredients for a gumbo...you can hear one guy ask for a chicken in the video, then then take the parade to a central location in Mamou and make a HUGE gumbo and sell it by the bowlful. There is Cajun music, dancing and as you can see in the video...LOTS of drinking. LOL These people are feeling no pain. This is the Mardi Gras I grew up with. The one in New Orleans is so commercialized, not to mention dangerous. Because of all the drinking, I have only been to this Mardi Gras once. It was alot of fun, except for the drinking part. That is not my thing at all. But I loved the Cajun tradition and especially the Cajun music. But after you see the video, you will know why I didn't take Tom around stuff like this before we got married. He wouldn't have been able to get back to South Carolina fast enough. LOL Click here for the video.

I found another one!





No comments: