Friday, February 22, 2008

My Friday afternoon.

I had quite an eventful afternoon and I just had to share it with you guys.

1. I had a dr appt....venous stasis ulcers on my legs. They wrapped them (this is the 4th time they have been wrapped) and I left.

2. I get almost home and Brittanie called me and told me that her boyfriend, Cameron, who was supposed to meet her at 5 had called at 5 and told her that he had a flat and was about 5 miles from our house and will be there shortly. Well this was at 6pm she called me and he wasn't there yet. So she was freaking out. I told her I didn't notice anything but I wasn't actually looking for someone broken down but I would retrace the route he would be coming and find him. Well I go about 5 miles down the road and there is his truck but he is nowhere to be found. I turned around at a station down the road and he wasn't there. I went the opposite direction and there he was walking on the opposite side of the 4 lane highway towards his truck. So I picked him up and drove him to his truck and called Brittanie and told her that I found him and he is ok. His jack had broken after he got the tire off and he couldn't jack it up anymore to get the spare on so he had walked up the road and borrowed a raggedy old jack that you turn with a wrench from a mechanic shop up the road. Brittanie came to meet us and parked a good ways in front of him and walked back to us. I was parked right behind him with my blinkers on because he was right past a curve and I was scared to death someone would hit him because there was just grass there no shoulder.

3. He couldn't get the raggedy jack to work. Brittanie has a nice jack in her Honda Civic, so she got it out and while he was under there messing with both jacks, the truck fell on him. Luckily the truck's other 3 wheels kept the truck high enough off of the ground that he didn't get hurt but it scared me and Brittanie to death. I told him that was it, get his butt in my van and I'm calling AAA and we will just lie and say that Brittanie was driving his truck. About that time, the guy who loaned him the jack pulled up between him and Brittanie and told him that he obviously doesn't know how to change a tire cuz the jack was in the wrong spot. He put the jack in the right spot, changed the tire, and left.

4. So Cameron gets in his truck and we all prepare to go to my house. By this time, it is almost 7pm. Well instead of waiting for me to pull out first or pulling forward so he could see around me, he just turned his wheel to the left and pulled out and clipped an SUV. It barely did any damage to his truck but the SUV has damage to the fender and broke the headlight. The woman driving was talking on her cell phone to her husband and he came to meet her and started chewing her out for talking on the cell phone while driving and telling Cameron that the door and everything needed to be replaced. That's not true. He didn't hit anywhere near the door or very hard.

5. We called the police but the sheriff's department had an officer passing and he stopped to see if we needed help, then checked on the ETA of the trooper who was coming to write up the accident. Well the trooper got there, took my statement first since I saw the entire thing. Well the trooper asked for license, registration, and proof of insurance. Guess what....couldn't find the proof of insurance. He came to my van almost in tears not knowing what to do. I asked him what company it was. He told me and I called 411 and got the 800 number and gave it to him and told him to call them and ask them what the policy number was. He got the policy number, gave it to the cop, got the incident report and the cop dismissed us.

6. I got to Tom's aunt's house at 8:45 to pick up Katie because she had wedding rehearsal (she is going to be a flower girl in a wedding tomorrow) across the street. I'm exhausted and wound up still.

7. The worst part is that Cameron's dad told he couldn't come here tonight to go to the concert with Brittanie. He told him that if he was going to the wedding with Brittanie tomorrow, he had to go to the concert tonight with his friend, Amber's, youth group. His mom has Cameron this weekend and his dad is at drill (he's in the Army National Guard). So he doesn't have to tell his dad till he gets home Sunday but his dad is going to have a duck that he defied his direct order. I told Brittanie to be prepared to only see Cameron every other weekend when he is at his mom's house and she will always have to go there because his dad is going to take his truck. That is what I would do if my kid defied me. He is a sweet kid and I agree that his dad's rules are stupid and too strict for a kid that doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, or have sex and is in church everytime the doors are open. But it is still the rules and he has to abide by them till he graduates and moves out.

8. Oh and I forgot to mention that it has been raining here for a couple of days so the ground was muddy so he was filthy and muddy and cold too. When they got to our house, Tom already knew the story, so he ordered a pizza for them to eat when they got back. Brittanie gave him her PT sweats to wear and washed his clothes for him. He is feeling ok right now but still scared about Sunday. Telling his dad isn't going to be pretty!

So yeah, that was my afternoon. I'm pooped.

No comments: