Monday, May 12, 2008

Countdown to graduation is on!!

We are less than 18 days away from graduation day and we are so proud of Brittanie and all of her accomplishments. Tonight was awards night at Swansea High and received another leadership award...this time from the Marine Corps! I received an appreciation award for helping out Swansea's Tiger Battalion for the last 4 years. That really touched me!

Here are some pictures from the ceremony tonight.Last night I found out that my nephew, Randy, is not who I thought he was, nor does he love us like I thought he did. But I did find out who does love us. My nephew is mad over something his wife did and now denies so he is refusing to come to graduation. Yes it is as stupid as it sounds. Brittanie is his godchild and he has claimed he loved her for 17 years. Now we know better. I was angry over it and then I talked to my biological sister, Aimee, and eventually a 3-way call with our little sister, Jeannette and found out who really loves us. I told them Sunday night that Randy wasn't coming and mom was scared to come here without a man in the van so I didn't know if mom was even coming....which is what upset me the most. Well today Aimee called to ask me if mom has decided for sure whether she is going or not because she and Jeannette are going to rent a vehicle (she called around and was looking at $400 for that vehicle!) and come by themselves. No matter what, they were NOT going to miss Brittanie's graduation.

I grew up with Randy. He is my age and has always been like a brother to me. I have only had my biological sisters in my life for the last 3 years. But Randy isn't coming here over something stupid but my sisters aren't letting anything stop them...not even paying an outrageous price for a rental car when they really can't afford it....from being here for Brittanie's graduation. I was so touched that I literally cried on the phone. It meant so much to me that they would do that. My niece (who is also like a sister to me because we grew up together and are only a year apart) has been very upset that her boss won't give her off to come and has been trying to get another job to start the Monday after graduation so she can just quit the day before leaving to come to graduation. It hasn't worked out. But she really really wants to be here. My mom is scared to come without a man but she isn't missing it. My wonderful godson, Jonathan, is flying in with his wife and daughters from Germany to be here for Brittanie's graduation, when he will be here at the end of June for weeks for training here at Fort Gordon in Augusta and could see her then. But he loves us and wants to be here.

My new philosophy is "Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe that everything happens for a reason."

No comments: