Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm 29....for the 11th time! lol

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a GREAT day! Tom had the day off and our girls are out of school. It was just the 4 of us and we had a wonderful day just spending time together. Tom baked me a cake. No really....he did!! He baked me a cake for the first birthday I had after Brittanie was born and that was the last time....till yesterday. It was my favorite....yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting. It was delicious! Later that afternoon, he helped me make meatloaf for dinner. While the meatloaf was cooking, I seasoned 16 pounds of ground beef and Tom and I shaped them into hamburger patties.....ended up with 100 patties total. The day after graduation we are having a cookout/football party for Brittanie and her friends. There were 50 people invited and since her sweet 16 party was legendary, everyone is looking forward to this party. We are grilling burgers and hot dogs, having chips and cake, and our wonderful friends, Frank and Lynn, are bringing sound equipment so we can play music. It is going to be alot of fun....if the rain stays away. Brittanie is really looking forward to playing football one last time before everyone goes their separate ways.

Brittanie really enjoyed my birthday. She has been talking to a guy named Joe for a couple of weeks now and last night, he asked her to be his girlfriend. She is very happy. He is by far the best catch she has had to date! She has liked him since 9th grade but nothing ever came of it. But he is graduating with her, is the top wrestler in the state, was in JROTC with Brittanie, and will be attending the University of Chicago in the fall on a full wrestling scholarship and will be majoring in pre-med and plans to be a plastic surgeon one day. He wants to help soldiers who are injured in the line of duty. And he is a Christian! I'm thrilled because even if this ends when he goes to Chicago in August, he will have set the bar high for other guys that she will meet while in college.

So, all in all, I had a great birthday. Now I'm just looking forward to tomorrow when my mom, sisters, and Jonathan come in for Brittanie's graduation!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I feel so bad for not calling you yesterday and wishing you a fabulous happy birthday! so here it goes.

Happy happy birthday, we kind of look the same, so happy happy birthday from your little sis Aim!

hehe sorry i tried to make it rhyme like the ryans birthday song LOL so much for my early morning creativity. I love ya sis!