Saturday, May 24, 2008

What a GREAT day!!

Today, we had a belated baby shower/welcome to the family party for our new precious niece, Leah, and her mommy and daddy (Tom's little brother, Jesse, and his beautiful wife, Melissa). We held it at Grecian Gardens in West Columbia. We reserved the private dining room and had a great time. They got some wonderful gifts. The food and the service were great! But the best part was getting to hold Leah. She is just so beautiful. I love her head full of hair and before we left she even smiled at us. I wish we lived closer. I would love for Katie to be around her Uncle Jesse and Aunt Melissa and cousin, Leah and I would love for all of us to be there watching Leah grow up. I forgot my camera but did take some pictures with my cell phone. My father-in-law did get some pictures so hopefully he will send some to me so I can post them. But here are the ones I took with my cell phone.Brittanie and Jessica made this diaper cake as the center piece for the shower.Daddy holding Leah. She looked so relaxed and comfortable in that position. It was precious!!
Grandpa holding Leah while mom and dad look on. Grandpa holding Leah while Uncle Tom watches. That's Aunt Ann on the side. Grandpa and Leah and Aunt Ann and her grandchildren, Luke and Laurel. Grandma (to the left) with Daddy, Leah, and Mommy and Evan across the table.

Brittanie left the shower early because she needed to go with her friend, Courtney, to tour the apartment complex that Brittanie is moving to in August. Well Courtney loved it and signed the lease papers today. She and Brittanie are going to be roommates!!

No comments: