Monday, December 08, 2008

weekend update

We have alot going on these days. Brittanie is studying for finals, which will be all done on Wednesday! Katie is stressing out over the Christmas play at school. She doesn't want to go. I can totally relate as I never wanted to participate in them when I was growing up and after I had kids and was forced to go, my hatred for Christmas programs only worsened. Katie is one of 9 kids holding up a sign at the program but she absolutely does not want to go. Hopefully my mom can make her feel better about it.

Friday our new TV came in. It is a Sony Bravia 52in flat panel TV and it is incredible!! We LOVE it!! The best part is no more blue dots!! Brittanie wants Tom to fix the old TV so she can put it in her room. Here is a picture of the new TV! (Yes I was watching Bring it On for the millionth time! hehe)
Tom left Saturday morning to go get my mom. She is going to be staying with us till January 16th. Her birthday is January 18th. So we are going to take her home just in time to have a family crawfish boil to celebrate her 78th birthday. Tom is so good to me. He drove 11 1/2 hours on Saturday to go pick her up and 11 1/2 hours back home Sunday. Since he did that, I'm going to let him off of the hook in January. He doesn't eat boiled crawfish anyway. He says they are too messy and too much trouble. So I will take the girls with me and he can have a nice quiet weekend all to himself.

Don't know if I mentioned it or not but JCPenney let Brittanie go after she fainted. So she is looking for Christmas money. She has been trying to find a new job but everyone has already hired their Christmas help. So in order to make money, she is trying to sell some stuff she no longer wants, like her formals from high school that she only wore once and her IPhone. If you know anyone who wants a first generation IPhone, tell them to check out my ebay listing for it: Click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can they fire her because she fainted? Did you ever find out why she fainted?

Nette said...

They told her they believe she was sleeping in the dressing room even though she has a doctor's note stating that it was a vasovagal episode that made her faint. Tom said you can't blame them cuz if she faints and hurts herself on the job they are liable. But they can't fire her for getting sick so they are saying they believe she was sleeping. If she was sleeping why did she come to soaked in sweat and shaking?? If she was sleeping why did the manager think it was unsafe for her to drive herself home so she made her call me to come get her???

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. She just can't get a break can she :(
I know it's tough out there. That's why I love being a housewife and working with my hubby.