Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Classes in full swing

Brittanie has now gone to all 5 of her classes. Her first impression of her political government professor was positive but we looked him up on www.rateyourprofessors.com and the consensus is that he is very liberal and you have to be a hardcore democrat to like him. That's definitely going to be a problem. I told her to just keep quiet and do her classwork and keep her opinions to herself. But this is our child. I'm not holding out much hope on that.

Her macroeconomics class seems like it will be more interesting than her econ class in high school, which she HATED. She likes her psychology professor. She wasn't impressed with the lack of structure and discipline in her computer class. Basically he told the class that if they only took this class as an easy A class and they know all of what he is going to teach, then he doesn't care if they leave early and play on myspace and facebook during class. He also told them they can take calls on their cell phone during class as long as they walk out. They are allowed to text and even bring their children to class if need be. Brittanie doesn't like kids so this isn't going to fly with her. She told me if someone brings a kid to class and he allows it, she is reporting it. She said she paid tuition to take that class and she doesn't want it interrupted by little kids. I have to admit, I'm with her on that one. I can't imagine having Katie in a class with me for an hour and a half and getting anything out of it. I had been picking at her before she went to class about that class being full of old people. She didn't believe me. I was right. She texted me in class and told me she was the youngest person there. I told her that younger people could teach that class. Last night they learned how to click a mouse. hahaha

No comments: