Thursday, January 08, 2009

How hard is your job?

There is a line from one of our favorite movies that hits close to home today. "How hard is your job???" Brittanie made 4 trips to Tech yesterday to register for classes. This morning I got up and checked her class schedule to see what books she will need for those classes and guess what! The schedule was gone. Tom told me last night that his boss told him that there will be classes opening up today because if your bill isn't paid by midnight last night, they drop your schedule. That's what they did to Brittanie....dropped her schedule. The problem is that we don't have a bill to pay. Her LIFE scholarship covers everything....with money to spare even! I called Tech to find out what was going on. They told me they aren't showing her credit hours from USC Sumter or her LIFE Scholarship in their system. Well they have her high school transcript, which shows she was awarded the LIFE scholarship. Brittanie hand delivered the official transcript from USC Sumter, which shows she made the grades to keep that scholarship. So all they had to do was key it in. How hard is that??? But it wasn't done so all of those trips to Tech yesterday was for nothing.

I talked to someone in Financial Aid at Tech and she told me that the person that handles the LIFE Scholarship isn't in and won't be in till between 8:30 and 9 but she will email her about Brittanie and I can call her back at noon to check on the status. HELLO???? She starts classes Monday!!!! We don't have time to do this at a leisurely pace. She has to get her schedule redone and her books bought. So I sent Brittanie back to Tech and told her not to leave until she has a piece of paper in her hand that says she has credits from Sumter, a LIFE Scholarship, and a class schedule!

What I want to know is are they not used to getting transfer students?? How hard is this? We are totally frustrated and annoyed with all of this. USC couldn't send her transcript until her final grades were in and an official transcript created. So they didn't send her transcript until December 23rd. Tech was closed for 2 weeks during Christmas. So I called on their first day back, January 5th to make sure they received that transcript. They told me they did not receive it. USC said they sent it so I had to pay to get another one and hand deliver it. What was the point of hand delivering it if they weren't going to put it in the system?

It has been one thing after another in Brittanie's freshman year. I hope her last three years of college go smoother than this one! grrrrr

No comments: