Saturday, March 25, 2006

I've called in the troops!

I called in for reinforcements this morning. My mom is coming to help tomorrow. Her boyfriend, Elvin, is coming with her. They will be here for a week and then taking Katie home with them and we will pick her up when we go to spend the week there the week before Easter. My house is a disaster....actually that is an understatement. Things just blew up here. Brittanie had that bad tonsilitis and as soon as she got over that she had her tonsils out last week and is still in major pain from it and now her stomach is tore up. She has loud grumbling sounds all the time. Her ENT is out of town this week so the earliest I could get her to see him is Monday. I took her to her family doctor Wednesday and he did a CBC and said there is no infection and the stomach problem is probably from swallowing mucus and not eating since last Tuesday. Last weekend Tom got a virus, which wasn't pleasant at all, and he was running a high fever. Now Katie developed cold symptoms. I thought she just had a cold. Well since Brittanie had her tonsils out, she has been sleeping in Katie's room in the waterbed and we put Katie in the room across the hall from us. That's when the cold symptoms started. Brittanie has been in her own room for a few nights now and Katie seemed to be improving. Well night before last, Katie wet the bed and we grabbed up the sheets and put them washing and just put her in the other room again. Within an hour, she was coughing. It was 1am. She hadn't been coughing before. That's when I thought about the comforter that gave her the nasty allergic reaction last summer. I went in that room to see if the comforter was in there and sure enough, it was. It was folded and in the closet. I took the comforter out and put it in my closet and she didn't cough anymore after that. So she is getting better with the cold/allergy symptoms now. My baby sitter miscarried her baby Thursday morning 30 minutes after she got here and ended up having a D&C that same day. This is her second miscarriage in 6 months. I'm 11 days behind on my typing. So I've been overwhelmed and that's why I called my mom for help and just like all good moms, when their baby calls, they come running. She should be here tomorrow night. I warned her that the house is tore up from top to bottom. We are three weeks behind on laundry because I get the babysitter to do that. Well she was off for 2 weeks then this week she had to leave before she could do the laundry....so now it has been 3 weeks since the laundry has been done. We are knee deep in it. I'm so tired from everything. I just needed help. Now I'm just going to pray for a safe trip because I would feel guilty forever if something happened to them while trying to come help me. Please help me to pray that they have a safe trip there and back! And please pray for me that I'll get caught up and back to normal. I go back to the doctor Monday for a recheck blood test to see if my iron level and calcium levels have gone back to normal. I was VERY low on both...to the point where he was considering an IV to put the iron and calcium in. He told me that's why I've been so exhausted and feeling like I need to be in bed 24/7. I should have gone to the doctor when it first started but I thought I was just being lazy.
Anyway, that's what's up on our end. I just really need your prayers right now.

No comments: