Sunday, March 19, 2006

When it rains it definitely pours

Last night, as I was typing my update on Brittanie, I had to cut it short because I heard Tom in the bathroom tossing his cookies. This was just the beginning. He was up all night long with stomach problems. So we really didn't get much sleep last night. We can't figure out what caused it. No one else in the house is sick. Tom made sausage jambalaya last night but only he and Justin ate it. Justin didn't get sick. So I'm thinking it was probably too greasy for his stomach to handle. Tom has always had a delicate stomach. I never let him put butter on his popcorn when we went to the movies because it ALWAYS made him sick. That's why I'm thinking the grease from the sausage probably tore up his stomach. After a few doses of Phenergan, he has not tossed his cookies in 8 hours. I'm hoping we have seen the last of it. I feel so bad for him. He works so much and should be able to enjoy his weekends.

By the way, yesterday he took Katie on a daddy/daughter date to the Riverbanks Zoo. She loved the tigger (tiger) and the penguins but her favorite was the fish. She is just like Brittanie and I with our love of fish. Tom said he was amazed at her attention to detail. When they went into the reptile area, there were large alligators and the like and she kept finding tiny insects to look at instead. I think she will be a CSI one day! I'm not at all detailed oriented but she has a talent for noticing the tiniest of details. Anyway, after the zoo, he gave her the choice of going to Sandy's for ice cream or Krispie Kreme for donuts. She picked the donuts. She had fun watching them make the donuts and seeing them slide on the belt. Well some of you already know that Katie loves to say "What up my nigga!" She doesn't know what a "nigga" is. She calls everyone that. Well yesterday at Krispie Kreme the first family to walk in after Tom and Katie sat down at a table was an African American mom with her 3 kids. And of course, Katie turned to them and said "What up my nigga!" Luckily, they thought it was cute and laughed it off. But Tom once again fussed at her about saying that. That seems to only happen to him. She's never done that with me. hehehe

No comments: