Friday, March 16, 2007

Afrin is over the counter crack!!

PLEASE pray for me. I have been addicted to Afrin Severe Congestion Nasal Spray for over a year now and I have decided that now is the time to get off of it, as I had a nose bleed all day yesterday. I'm tired of spending $50+ each month on it. I have built up such a tolerance that it no longer lasts 12 hours so I wake up after only 6 hours of sleeping and I can't breathe and have to spend 30 minutes spraying, blowing, spraying, blowing....just to get it unstopped enough to go back to sleep. I started weaning yesterday.....only using it at night. The days are MISERABLE!!! My sinuses are clogged giving me a sinus headache in addition to my clogged nose. Because I have been using it so long, it could take me 3 weeks to be completely weaned. I dread having to stop at night. That's going to be miserable. But anyway, please pray that God will help me kick this habit before it does permanent damage to my nose. My sisters told me a story of someone they knew that had to have surgery on her nose from chronic Afrin use like mine. I definitely don't want to do that!!

No comments: