Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Have mercy!

I haven't updated in a few days so I thought I better catch up. Friday, Taylor was supposed to get two teeth pulled. But when she got there, she refused to let the oral surgeon touch her. Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY angry. She pulls that crap with her mom all the time....refusing to brush her teeth and freaking out at the dentist's office. But I didn't think she would pull that with me. Well she did. I was so mad!!! I dropped her off at school after we left the office. Then when she got home, I told her to go to her room and she wasn't allowed to come out except to get food and use the bathroom until Monday morning when she went to school. Well her mom never follows through on her punishments so Saturday, she apologized for what she did at the oral surgeon's office and asked me if she could get out of her room. I said "It isn't Monday yet!" Sunday, she asked me again if she could get out of her room. I told her "NO! It isn't Monday and don't ask me again!" Later that night, I saw her on her knees peeking out into the hall and I told her to get back in her room. It was especially tough this weekend to be in that room because Brittanie's new boyfriend came over (more on that below) and we did the cake thing for Tom's birthday. She got a piece of cake but we ran it back there to her. She wasn't even allowed out to eat. She had to take the food to her room. Monday, I made an appointment to try again on Tuesday (yesterday). I told her Monday night that if she pulls that crap again she would get a belt on her butt and she would be confined to her room for the rest of her stay here.....25 days! Because I have always followed through on all of my punishments with her and my kids, she knew I wasn't kidding. And to drive home the point I was serious, I put the belt on the table before we left so it would be handy if we actually did come home without her teeth being pulled. Her mom told me that was all for nothing and it wasn't going to work and Taylor wouldn't let that oral surgeon do it. She was wrong. All it takes is consistency. You set a punishment and make sure it is carried out to the letter. She told me Monday night that she doesn't even care anymore if it will hurt or not. She just didn't want to be in her room anymore. She goes back for the follow-up next Tuesday then she will pull the other two the Friday after that. The Monday after that I'm taking her to Dr. Ravenel to have two fillings done. When she goes back to Louisiana, she will go with good teeth and good oral hygeine habits.

Now on to Brittanie's new boyfriend. Well after a whole year (as of April 13th) together, Brittanie and Randy have broken up.
Her new boyfriend's name is John Michael Guidry....that's right folks, a Cajun boy! He was born in South Carolina but his dad is from Covington, Louisiana. They visit their family there like we do. I had a real problem with the fact that I didn't think Randy protected Brittanie or could even protect Brittanie. He was just too nice of a guy. His best friend has been a jerk to her since 9th grade. He has never stopped being rude to her. Randy never did anything about it. A guy grabbed her breast in the lunch line one day in front of Randy. Brittanie slapped the guy while Randy laughed. John Michael said he would have kicked that guy's butt and that he would not allow one of his friends (or anyone for that matter) talk bad about her. She has a real man now. She is going to love that feeling of security and knowing he will protect her. Like I told her, Tom has never been in a fight in his life. But I know with all certainty that if someone put me down, Tom would tell them off. God forbid someone had the nerve to touch me inappropriately, Tom would bow up without even thinking. Because I'm married to a real man. She needs to find someone more like her daddy than Randy is. Tom is the best husband in the world. Brittanie sees that. He is an incredible father. Brittanie sees that too. I think she is going to be fine. This is a learning process for chosing a mate one day and being a wife.

Here are a couple of pictures of Brittanie's new sweetie with his brother and sister:

No comments: