Monday, August 21, 2006

GREAT weekend!!

We had such a great weekend!! Saturday, Frank and Lynn and their kids (not really kids since Will is 18 and Rhiannon is 15 but you get the picture) came over for dinner and Pictionary. It was alot of fun. Tom and I won the first game and then we played men against women and Lynn and I kicked their butts. It was GREAT!! We look forward to our get togethers with them. They are so much fun to be with. They are going to be helping us chaparone Brittanie's sweet 16 party next month. Frank is not afraid to bounce out any trouble makers....he was an umpire and that's the mentality we need at a teen party.

Sunday afternoon, we had a BBW social at the Collard Kitchen and we had 6 people from the Greenville area come as well as 2 from West Columbia. We ate pizza and donuts and played Pictionary. My team won one game and the other team won the other game. It was alot of fun. I'm going to the Meet and Greet for their BBW group this Friday up in Greenville. It was so great finally putting a name with a face because I have been talking to them for a couple of months on the yahoo group but never met them in person. So I really enjoyed meeting them in person.


I do have a Katie story to add. This morning I had Katie totally ready for school and told her to go brush her teeth. She went in the bathroom, turned on the water, then came back 2 seconds later smiling at me wanting me to look at her teeth. I told her I knew she didn't brush her teeth because she didn't bring me the toothpaste to put on her toothbrush. (I was typing at the time.) She tried to argue that she did brush them. I refused to believe it. So she went back in the bathroom then came back and told me she couldn't reach her toothbrush and tooth

paste. I said "Hmmm didn't you JUST have it when you supposedly brushed your teeth?" She had no answer. I told her to get the stool and get it. So she brought the stool in there, then came back with a wet toothbrush telling me she had brushed her teeth. Again, I didn't put the toothpaste on the brush so I KNOW she didn't brush her teeth. So that time I went in the bathroom with her (is it any wonder I stay behind on my typing????) and loaded the toothbrush and stood there and watched her brush her teeth. She was so angry and told me she didn't like brushing her teeth. So I took her to the computer, looked up a picture of periodontal disease....the worst one I could find....and told her that this is what her teeth will look like if she doesn't brush and then it will start to hurt when she eats. She said "Awwwwwwwwww ALRIGHT!!!" lol Such attitude. But I have one kid that hates brushing her teeth and the other brushes her teeth 100 times a day and flosses after every meal. Brittanie wants to be a dentist. So her way of thinking is who wants to go to a dentist with yucky teeth??? But anyway, this is the picture I showed Katie.
This picture is of a senior citizen who never got dental care and had a nasty case of periodontal disease. But tonight she didn't fight brushing her teeth.....whatever works!

No comments: