Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Katie's first day of school

Last night, Katie went to open house and met her teacher and saw her classroom. She said that there were too many people in there but her teacher was very nice. Today was her first official day of K3. Here are the first pictures I took:After I took these pictures and looked at them on the camera, that's when I realized she had a chunk of hair sticking up. It is remnants from her cutting her own hair at Christmas time. It still hasn't grown out all the way because she basically cut it to the scalp. So then I redid her hair, which she wasn't happy about and took this one:
Is she a ham or what? Tom is taking her to school but that means he has to get up earlier than he had been. He hasn't had to take anyone to school since the end of May. So this getting up almost an hour earlier was rough. Take a look for yourself.....
I laughed at Tom while he was rubbing his eyes and trying to wake up so he and Katie made the mean face at me.She was so excited to go to school today that she got up at 6am!! I was up typing so she got in bed with Tom. I got her up at 6:45 and gave her breakfast and got her dressed and she just couldn't stop smiling. I hope she keeps this enthusiasm for school!



No comments: