Thursday, August 24, 2006

Katie's sick

After only three days of being in K3, Katie got sick. She has been getting progressively worse with each passing day. I took her to the doctor this afternoon and one of her tubes has come out of her ears and she now has an ear infection in that ear. Well Katie has never been able to tolerate oral antibiotics. It tears her stomach up. So I have started insisting on injections. Well she was NOT happy with that today. She told me that she never wants to go to the doctor's office ever again because they hurt her. I tried explaining it to her but she isn't feeling well and is sooooooo grouchy! She was mad at the nurse for giving her the shot and on our way out of the room, she told the nurse "Next time I come here, get some batteries for the toys!" hahaha She is so bossy!

For those of you who have heard Tom cracking on me about cooking....have I got a story for you! Tonight he was going to fry french fries while our chicken fingers were in the oven. Well he moved the pot of grease and the handle was loose and splashed alot of grease out of the pot and onto the burner....grease fire. Katie was in there watching him and freaked out! He had to bring her to me because she was just so upset. She must have told him 4 times after that never to do that again. hahahaha

I'm very happy to report that Brittanie is seriously considering going to USC. Tom came home with stats about West Point that worried her....like only the top 2% go on to medical school right after graduation and only the top 5% go at all....the other 3% that don't go right after college actually spend up to 5 years in the Army first. That doesn't appeal to her at all. She is still going to apply just to see if she would be accepted. Texas A&M is still in the running but behind USC now. She likes the idea of being able to live at home and commute. I like that idea as well. She was going to apply to the Citadel but I won't allow that now that I have read the report on WLTX.com about 20% of Citadel female cadets reported being sexually assaulted. No thanks! She doesn't have school September 15th. So I suggested she get some of her friends who may be interested in doing ROTC at USC and tour the campus and observe the classes that day. Randy would love to go but he is going to work with his dad that day because he needs the money to "make Brittanie's birthday the best one she's ever had." He's a sweetheart! He isn't lazy. That boy worked hard all summer and he works on his days off of school as well. He's one of the good ones. He has been going to church with Brittanie....Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday nights. He really likes it. Everything is going great!!

I did get misty last night when Brittanie brought in her class ring packet. My baby is getting her high school ring!! The ring ceremony is in November. I will have my camera and camcorder charged and ready to go. I think I will feel much better about her graduating high school when I hear from her that she is definitely going to USC.

No comments: