Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Update on Katie's first day of K3

Katie got in my car and had a mad look on her face and wasn't happy at all! I asked her what the problem was and she said that her teacher let "the girl with the ugly clips in her hair" say ABC's and not her. I told her "Well it just wasn't your turn. I'm sure you will get a turn later." She said "That school is gay! I hate it!" Before anyone blames me for that....let me just say that Tom is the one who says that all the time....not me. I told her that it was just the first day and it will get better. She said "My friends are all nasty!" I asked her why she said they were nasty and she said "At snack time, they were nasty. They were eating like pigs!" I was trying hard not to laugh so I didn't pursue that conversation any farther. She's so opinionated and mouthy....just like me and Tom. But 15 minutes after we left school, she said she was happy now because she was going home and wanted to call her maw-maw. So we called my mom and she has been fine ever since. She doesn't adapt easily to change. I think once she gets used to the routine, she will be fine.

No comments: