Wednesday, April 18, 2007

After the VT tragedy

What is the last thing you want to see at your child's school? Lots of policeman. This morning when Tom went to drop Katie off at school, there were at least 5 police patrol cars at the church at Katie's school. (She goes to a Christian school.) Well the church is connected to the Kindergarten building so they were all over the place where Katie needed to go. They just sent the Kindergarteners to the after school daycare building. But after what just happened at Virginia Tech, it is quite unsettling to go to your child's school and see all those police cars. It makes you think of what could happen. I just pray daily that God protects our children.

I have good news, despite being sick for a week and a half and having 2 weeks of kids being home on spring break and going through surgery, I managed to get completely caught up on my typing Monday. Now granted, my boss was on vacation but hey, it still counts. He is the best boss and doctor in the entire world. He has been so patient with me being behind and it is because of that that I'm going to make a concerted effort to stay caught up. I know I'm stressing out him and his staff, as well as myself. But I'm very thankful to have the boss I have. He is wonderful and an excellent doctor. I'm VERY picky about physicians. I know lots of them and he is the best by far.

My "female" problems are much improved since the surgery. I was told to expect the same things I had after having my babies. This is ALOT less "yuck" than after the babies so it is wonderful. Dr. Holladay says I should be back to normal in 2 to 4 weeks. So I'm thrilled. By the way, if you are looking for a good OB, I highly recommend Dr. Holladay and all of the physicians at SC OB/GYN. When I had the small bowel obstruction when I was pregnant with Katie, I saw EVERY OB in that practice at least once a day. They were on top of the situation at all times. I know that God sent me to that practice. They made sure both Katie and I were going to be ok.

Tom and Brittanie are planning a "history" trip this summer instead of the roller coaster trip originally planned. Brittanie decided that she would rather do the roller coaster trip the summer after she graduates and this summer she wants to see important places in American history. So she and Tom are mapping out a trip to DC, WestPoint, Charleston, WV, Philadelphia, etc. They will get at least one theme park in (Six Flags New Jersey) while they are on their trip. But I'm glad they are going to do this. I would have loved to have done something with my dad, just the two of us. She LOVED their roller coaster trip a couple of years ago. It is one of her best memories. She and I are extremely close. This is a chance for her to bond even closer with her dad. They love each other and she is close to him but not as close as she and I are. He's just an outstanding daddy! I couldn't ask for better!!

Ok well my dictation is in and I'm going to get to work. Yesterday I was done typing by 2:45!!! I was so happy! I was able to play games on pogo, cook supper, and watch Katie play outside. It is great!!

No comments: