Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dog ears!!!

Have you seen the KFC Commercial with the mom walking the babysitter around the house giving instructions on how to care for her picky kids? Well last night when the commercial came on, Brittanie and Tom both went "oooh" and held their ears when the mom and babysitter walked down the stairs. I said "What?" They both heard a high pitched sound. We have TiVo, so I rewound it and listened to it again. Once again, they went "ooh" and winced at the sound....the sound I couldn't hear. I rewound it several times and couldn't hear it. Well the commercial played on a different channel today and Tom, once again, winced at that high pitched sound that I couldn't hear. I thought they were messing with me last night but he didn't even know the commercial was on today when he heard the sound and turned around and saw it on TV. I know my hearing isn't very sharp because I played my music WAYYYY too loud in my car as a teenager. So let me hear from my readers with good hearing. Does it take dog ears to hear it (which Tom and Brittanie both have) or can someone with normal hearing hear it too?

Today, Katie climbed up in Tom's lap and they were watching TV together and it was so cute that I had to take a picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know..I didn't even know this happened until I was relaxing on the couch.. playing on my laptop when this commercial was running in the background and it played.. and I flinched and had to shake my head. It sounds like when your blood pressure goes up, that high pitched, monotone sound. It was mind boggling. I'm 23 years old.. and I heard it loud and clear. It's a horrible, horrible noise. Be thankful you can't hear it.