Thursday, April 12, 2007

Stubborn!!

Yesterday afternoon, I put Katie down for a nap around 4pm. She slept until almost 6. When she got up, she had such a nasty attitude. She told me, "I need food!" I asked her what she wanted to eat....giving her several choices. She told me, "Just give me food!" I told her that I'm not going to fix anything until she tells me what she wants because she will just tell me that's not what she wanted and won't eat it. Taylor then told me if I told her what to fix, she would fix Katie something to eat, since I was typing. I said "Well she won't tell me what she wants." That's when Katie screamed at me. I don't know what she was saying but I popped her mouth (Don't freak out...I didn't punch her. I gave her a firm, quick pop on the lips.) and told her that she will NOT raise her voice to me and for her to go in her room until she is ready to apologize. She got to the door of her room and said "I'm going to stay in my room all night!" I told her "yes you will unless you apologize." Well she climbed back in her bed and went to sleep. She got up an hour later and came in the living room. I said "Are you ready to apologize?" She said "NO!" and went back in her room and fell asleep for another hour. The last time she got up, it was a little after 8 and I asked her again if she was ready to apologize and she didn't answer me. She just walked back into her room and got back in her bed and didn't get back up until 7:15am this morning! I had my pre-op labs this morning so Tom took off to go with me. We were both still in the bed when Katie got up and she climbed up in the bed and got between us. She told Tom good morning. When she told me good morning, I said "Are you ready to apologize?" She didn't answer me at all. I went to get in the shower at 7:30 and Katie came in the bathroom and told me "Mom, I am sorry I was ugly to you last night." I told her that was very sweet and I accepted her apology but I do not ever want her to talk to me like she did last night ever again. She told me she would try to do better.

I just couldn't get over how stubborn she was being and chose to stay in bed for 13 hours rather than say she is sorry! The major drawback is that she got almost 15 hours of sleep so she is HYPER beyond belief today!!!

No comments: