Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm home!

I'm home and doing fine. I did scare Tom to death by having to stay in Recovery for 2 1/2 hours. My oxygen saturation kept dropping.....at one point it dropped down to 89. The normal is 100 and they wouldn't let me go to Outpatient Recovery where you get dressed and get discharge instructions until it was at least 95. But when I finally did get in Outpatient Recovery, my friend, Shannon, who I hadn't seen in 5 years, came in to see me. She is a surgery tech at Baptist and they were slow so she came and sat with me and we caught up. It was great.

The arrogant butthole that gave me my epidural when I had Katie was my anesthesiologist again today. I named him Dr. Butthole. Imagine Tom as an anesthesiologist! Now I'm in love with Tom, so his buttholeness (is that a word? lol) is part of his charm. But a doctor shouldn't have it. Thank goodness Dr. Butthole wasn't alone. There was a nurse anesthetist named Howard and he was a sweetheart. So he made up for Dr. Butthole. I LOVE Baptist Hospital. Everytime I go there, everyone is great! (well except Dr. Butthole)


I came home, ate something, and went to bed. I just got up. Other than still being congested and coughing and a little hung over, I'm feeling fine. As soon as I finish this blog, I'm going back to bed.

Oh! This morning in preop, I was in the bed waiting to be taken to surgery and they had given me Versed, which made me loopy. Well I started cutting up and tickling Tom....he was standing beside my bed....and he started acting like the Dog Whisperer. We love that show. He said (in his fake Mexican voice) "You need to be in a calm, submissive state." And would make that same sound that the dog whisperer does "pssst!" He said "Wife Whisperer." That's the goofball side of Tom he doesn't let people see. But I LOVE it. He's such a nut.

This morning, Tom got up to go to the bathroom and to me he went too fast...he says no....but he accidentally kicked the door frame. He is still limping tonight and said that it hurts all the way down his foot, towards his ankle. If he is still hurting by Monday, I'm going to make him go to Dr. Hook and have an x-ray done. Right now it only hurts when he walks and it is isn't swollen. But I still think he should have it looked at.

Today is Brittanie and Randy's one year anniversary. He took her to the Black Bull (it used to be Captain George's but now is fine dining complete with valet parking) and then they are going to see a movie.

Special thanks to Sandra and Samantha for not only taking care of Katie and Taylor for me today, but Sandra even drove to West Columbia to pick up Katie from school and to Sandhills to pick up Taylor from school and took Katie to get a Happy Meal at McDonald's after school, then she took Taylor and Katie to Wendy's for a Happy Meal. I don't know what I would do without Sandra and Samantha. They are absolutely wonderful. We are very lucky to have them in our family and as our neighbors. My girls LOVE them....and so do we!

Katie surprised us today by counting to 109! I was shocked. We had just played the "you have have as many M&M's as you can count" game for Easter. That would have been a disaster having her eat 109 M&M's. lol

Taylor was evaluated all week at Sandhills, as promised, and they deemed she meets the requirements for Resource. So we are VERY excited. She starts Resource Monday. But since my meeting with her teachers and the Student Intervention Team last month, the teachers have really made a point of giving Taylor extra attention, even tutoring her at recess for Math, Science, and Social Studies. It has really helped. She came home with a progress report yesterday that was great. She usually had "Satisfactory" in Language Arts but Math, Science, and Social Studies all said "Having Difficulty." This time she had all Satisfactory and Math was borderline. But they are allowing her to take a test that she doesn't do well on...like she made a 76 on a test yesterday.....and take it home and let us work with her to redo the problems and then resubmit it. They know we aren't going to do it for her. In my opinion, parents who do their kid's school work, especially Math because it is a building subject...you miss one part and you have screwed up everything for years, are being irresponsible. But anyway, things are going great with Taylor. I'm so proud of her. She is working hard on her school work, as well as her attitude at home.

Well I've blogged alot for someone that had surgery today. lol So I'm going to bed. Thanks to everyone who prayed for me. I really appreciate it!

No comments: