Saturday, July 28, 2007

And they're off!

Tom and Brittanie left this morning to go on their "history vacation." The original plan months ago was to do another roller coaster trip. But then Brittanie came to me in April and told me she would prefer to see places that were important to the history of our country and do the roller coaster trip next summer after she graduates. (Definitely got that from her dad because I HATE history.) She was afraid to tell Tom because she was afraid he would be mad. Tom doesn't take change well at all. But I knew he would like the idea because he loves to learn and he likes history as well. I was right. He and Brittanie have been planning this trip for weeks and today was the day they leave to go to on that trip.

Tom rented a car via Hotwire.com. It was a midsize b
ut they don't tell you what it is until you pick it up. Well I dropped Tom off at the airport to pick up the car and then waited for him at the Bank of America around the corner from the airport. When he pulled up in his rental car, I couldn't help but laugh. The last time they went on a trip, he ended up with a killer red Mustang. This time he got a light blue 2007 Toyota Matrix......definitely a chick car.

I couldn't sto
p laughing. Tom took it in stride and said at least he will get good gas mileage. I would have loved to take a picture of him by that car but I know he wouldn't have done it. hehehe

The first stop on the trip is Washington DC. They are spending 3 days and 3 nights there. Tom was able to get a great deal on a 4-star hotel on Hotwire.com. It is a beautiful hotel called the Westin. Tom wanted Brittanie to experience a 4-star hotel for the first time. She is excited. After DC, they are going to Gettysburg, PA, then to Philadelphia, PA, then on to New York City....although they are staying in New Jersey.

They are supposed to be sending me pictures each night so I can kinda follow them along on their trip.

No comments: