Thursday, July 19, 2007

Take that child to Hollywood

Katie is the biggest drama queen and she has learned that if she says certain things that we feel bad for her and go easy on her. Like telling her for the 100th time that she is NOT allowed to have food in her play room. The next thing you know, she is running through the living room on the way to her bedroom crying "Ohhhh I wish I wasn't so bad! I wish I could just be good!" I have to admit it does tug on your heart strings to hear your child say stuff like that. But I'm sooooooooooo sick of the crying. (By the way, giving her something to cry about is working great. She doesn't cry near as much anymore.) Well just a minute ago, I told her, again for the 100th time, to sit down and her butt better not leave that chair until she is finished eating because if she gets up again, I'm grabbing the hairbrush and it won't be to brush her hair! She started that drama queen crap "Ohhhh I'm so bad. WHY CAN'T I JUST BE A GOOD GIRL!" I told her to shut up and dry it up. Interestingly enough, she stopped abruptly. That's when I noticed that there was not one tear falling!

She knows exactly what to say and how to say it to get what she wants. She told Tom that she loved me because I was "sweet, soft, and warm like my bed" and I give the best hugs. I'm home with her all day so she is smart enough to butter me up so I won't be too hard on her. She is something else!

It is hard to get her out of the house these days. Here are the reasons she gives:

1. She doesn't want to be hot. She doesn't want to even step outside for an instant because it is too hot outside.

2. She doesn't want to brush her hair. I told her she is getting her hair brushed daily whether she goes anywhere or not so this is a stupid reason. But her hair is so long and tangles so easily and my girls are extremely tender headed like their daddy. If you pull Tom or Brittanie's hair, they will both punch you. It won't be long before Katie will be the same way.

3. My favorite is "I don't know if I can be good." That's the excuse she gave for not wanting to go to church last night. She went and she was very good.

Katie is just a ball of personality. It is amazing how two people can have the same parents but yet be so different. One of the biggest differences between Katie and Brittanie is Katie is so sneaky and mischievous. Brittanie was always so obedient. This morning we caught Katie watching "Diego" on Nickelodeon. I don't allow "Dora" or "Diego" or any other Spanish speaking crap in my home. I think this country is kissing the hind ends of illegal aliens far too much by making us learn their language and I'm not going to be a party to that. If my girls want to learn a foreign language, they can learn French. I'm Cajun French so that is their heritage and I'm all for it. (By the way, my parents spoke French only until they were 6 years old...but they learned English. They didn't expect everyone else in the US to learn French to be able to communicate with them.) Anyway, she was watching "Diego" and I told her to turn that crap off. She told me that there was nothing on. So I told her to turn the TV off because we were about to leave anyway. The next thing I know, she closed the door and was watching "Diego." When we opened the door, she jumped up and turned the TV off. Brittanie would never have done that. Brittanie would go to my mom's house and when something she wasn't allowed to watch would come on, she would tell my mom to change the channel because she wasn't allowed to watch that. Katie will try to get away with stuff in a heartbeat. I dread her teen years!

Let's hope that Katie is a better driver than Brittanie. Guess who just hit the mailbox last night and didn't stop when she hit it....just kept going so the mailbox scraped all the way down the side of my van....from front driver's door to the back fender! To say we were mad would be an understatement. I think we should give her Tom's truck to drive and drop the full coverage on it and let Tom drive the Honda. That way if she beats the crap out of the truck at least it is old. I LOVE my van so I was livid! But Tom's reaction was worse than mine. I just don't know what to do. She is a horrible driver! But we live in Egypt land where we are 20 minutes from everything so she has to drive.

No comments: