Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beware of Bender Ball!!!

Brittanie bought a Bender Ball after seeing an advertisement for it on TV to help her with her sit-ups. It works fine but what they don't tell you is that when you purchase the ball, they automatically enroll you in this continuity program that sends you something (don't know what yet because it hasn't arrived yet) but they charge your bank account $26 and some change each month. I was livid when I saw that! I called Bender Ball and had a prayer meeting with them and they told me that they couldn't stop the charge (even though it was still just in hold status) because the shipment had already been made. WHAT SHIPMENT?? All I could understand from what Achmed at Bender Ball told me was that it something in the continuity program. So I called our bank but because the charge was still in hold status, they couldn't do anything but they did connect me with someone at Bender Ball, who spoke better English, who also told me that they couldn't reverse the charges but gave me a number to write on the package and send it back so they can properly credit me but if I don't return it by the 15th of August, I will get another $26 charge on that card. Ummmm no I won't because Brittanie is going to cancel her debit card. I don't want a shady company like this having her card number. So basically we just have to wait until we get this shipment of whatever and send it back and trust this shady company to put her money back in her account. Lovely!

So buyer beware. Don't buy a Bender Ball. Go to Dick's Sporting Goods and you can find all different kinds of balls that work just as well and you know you will not get an unauthorized charge on your debit or credit card.

No comments: