Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wednesday fun!

Yesterday, Brittanie took Katie school clothes shopping for me. I absolutely HATE shopping but Brittanie loves it. Brittanie also thinks I dress Katie "dorky" at times. So she wanted to pick out her clothes. Well Katie's school has a strict dress code and it is so hard to find clothes that don't make her look Amish that adheres to the dress code. Brittanie shopped with Katie all day and found a bunch of stuff. Unfortunately she could only find one denim skirt that was long enough so I had to buy the rest on the internet. What I didn't think about was Brittanie's love of black and hot pink. Most of the clothes she bought were black and hot pink. They all look good (except for one dress that she says is in style but I hate). I will have to take daily pictures when she starts school so everyone can see what I mean about this black/hot pink theme she has going. By the way, Brittanie found a great kids shoe store in Irmo called Goody 2 Shoes. She said it was small but had a great selection. They had the exact New Balance shoes that I wanted to buy her and for $4 cheaper than Zappos.com. The man in the store was very nice and very professional. He measured her foot, took Katie's old shoes off of her, tried both of the new shoes on and had her walk around, and even put her old shoes back on her when he was done. They are also creating a website and asked if they could take Katie's picture to put on their website. I'll blog the link when it gets done. But Brittanie said that was the best shoe shopping experience she has had.

Last night, Brittanie, Jessica, and I went to see the movie "Step Brothers." It was HILARIOUS!! We went to the 9:45pm movie at Columbiana Grande. I love that theater. It is my favorite in Columbia. After the movie was over, we went through town looking for an open IHOP. We ended up in downtown Columbia. Brittanie and Jessica are always fun to be around but after such a funny movie and late at night in a restaurant full of weirdos, they were even more fun. We definitely fit right in. Here are just a couple of pictures I took of them last night with my camera phone. They are truly crazy!

No comments: