Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brittanie update

Brittanie has had a rough time in the roommate department. Reisha almost paid $150 and moved to another apartment but changed her mind. Courtney told Reisha that she will give her the $150 if she will move out. Well between Courtney's parties and Courtney and her friends eating Brittanie and Reisha's food and messing up the apartment, Brittanie and Reisha want Courtney gone. The latest drama was yesterday when Brittanie got back from PT, took a shower, and was going to have a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast only to discover that she no longer had 4 bagels like she thought, she only had one and all of her cream cheese was gone. She chewed Courtney out and found out it was Eryka and Courtney and one of Courtney's other friends who ate all of that. Courtney told Brittanie that they will give her the money for it. Brittanie's answer to that was "I'm not your mamma! I'm not doing your grocery shopping for you! I go to the store and buy my food and I expect it to be there when I get ready to eat. I don't want to have to go back to the store to buy my food again when I get ready to eat!!" She wants to have a roommate meeting but Courtney won't show up because she knows Brittanie and Reisha are mad at her. I told Brittanie to talk to Reisha and both of them ask Courtney to use the $150 she offered Reisha to get another apartment....one that is more on the trashy side instead of occupied by two Christians. She is going to talk to Reisha about it.

Brittanie's other issue is that she is the only one cleaning the apartment. She said no one wants to put any money into buying cleaning supplies and helping clean the apartment. She refuses to live in a pig pen. Well I picked her up today to go make a copy of her room key. She broke hers a few weeks ago and has been using the only copy that the complex has. So if she locks herself out of her room again, she will have to call a locksmith. After I picked her up, that is when she started telling me about her roommate woes with Courtney and the dirty apartment. At one point, she asked me to take her to Food Lion. So I did. But she didn't tell me what she was buying. She went in with $30 and came back asking for 82 cents. So I gave her a dollar and she ran back in and came out with a mop and a broom.....that's it. I was stunned! $32.82 for a mop and a broom? She was upset and started sounding off about her roommates not wanting to contribute to buying cleaning supplies for their apartment so she has to spend the $30 in birthday money that Tom's parents sent her to clean an apartment that her roommates live in too. So I took her to Dollar Tree, gave her my debit card and told her to buy all the cleaning supplies she needs. She bought everything but a mop that she needed for a little over $9!! She came back out asking why nobody told her about that place! I took her to Big Lots and she found a Mr. Clean mop for $3.50. Then we went back to Dollar Tree because she mentioned Courtney and her loser friends used all of Brittanie's plastic forks and spoons that I bought her and she would love to have some of the kitchen stuff from Dollar Tree. So I let her go in and get what she wanted once again. She thanked me profusely. She was alot less stressed when I dropped her off at home. She didn't have remedial PT today so she started cleaning the apartment with the new cleaning stuff and when I talked to her later tonight, she told me she feels so much better now that her apartment is clean and she still has her birthday money from her grandparents.

Today, she was asked to lunch by a group of girls from USC Sumter. One of the girls, who is also a political science major, told Brittanie that she is a freshman and transferring to USC Columbia in January. Brittanie told me about this over the phone while driving home from Sumter. We were always told that she had to have 30 credit hours to transfer. So I called USC Columbia and sure enough, she can transfer for the spring semester, as long as she has a 3.0 GPA. The 30 hour rule doesn't apply to people who are already in the USC system. SWEET!! So she has to go to the registrar in Sumter tomorrow and fill out a change of campus form and she will be in Columbia at the end of this semester. She has a 4.0 right now. So she definitely qualifies for transfer. She is very excited.

No comments: