Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

Katie has been having a blast on her computer. She played games and read stories on the internet for hours the other night. Noggin.com has alot of educational games and that is her favorite site. She is reading well. I'm impressed. But Tom was reading things at 2 so I shouldn't be surprised!

Yesterday, Jonathan gave Katie her birthday present. Her birthday is October 30th but since he won't be here then, he wanted to give it to her now so he could see her open it. She has been wanting a Nintendo DS and Nintendogs like her sister has for a LONG time. But Katie wanted hers to be pink. She was quite excited when she opened up her gift bag and found a pink DS, Nintendogs, and a Cars (Mater Nation) racing game. She played it till the battery ran dead and she was going crazy waiting for it to recharge so she could play it again!

We said goodbye to Jonathan as he is heading back to Germany today. It was very emotional for me. He is like a son to me and since I got married, I really haven't been able to spend as much time with him as I would have liked. Having him here the last couple of months has been GREAT! I'm so proud of the man he has become. I know he misses his girls like crazy so even though I'm going to miss him ALOT, I am happy that he will get to be with them.

Brittanie is ready to take a hammer to her IPhone. She wants it gone. It locks up, drops calls, and yesterday while I was on the phone with her, it made a LONG tone like someone was holding down a button on a phone....but neither of us was....then dropped the call. She wants a Blackberry Pearl. There is a problem. We have a 2-year contract with Apple for that IPhone that we signed in May. When I called AT&T today to see if I could put the IPhone on my number and put a Blackberry on hers, it sent me straight to Apple when I put in her phone number...and they are closed today. So we have to wait till tomorrow to see what can be done. I told her the phone itself may be malfunctioning. She said everyone is experiencing this with the IPhone so she doesn't think it is just her phone. I thought it was just the new 3G that was doing that. But she has asked for either a Blackberry Pearl or an IPod Touch for her birthday (September 25th). Kids are expensive!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

here is the link that you can copy and email brittanie for her music class. Not sure what all she would need but it has some info and explains it pretty well.

http://library.thinkquest.org/15413/theory/theory.htm#top